Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Fidelity CMA- No Downloaded Transactions

This discussion was created from comments split from: Transactions are no longer downloading.

Comments

• Misterbill
    Misterbill Member ✭✭✭
    I doubt this is related, but transactions from my Fidelity CMA account (in Quicken as Fidelity Bank Transfers and Fidelity Cash-Cash) have not downloaded for the last few days. The account updates and transactions from my Fidelity Brokerage account downloaded, but not those in my CMA account. I tried the suggestion above, but it did not solve the problem. Also tried doing a reset, but it's still missing transactions.

Suggestions?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    How do you have that cash account set up in  Q?
    Because, customarily, your Fido brokerage account would be set up with the "Show cash in a checking account" attribute turned on.This would cause a pseudo-checking account  to be created.
    Fidelity isn't a bank, thus, legally, they can't offer true checking accounts.  What they CAN offer is a money market fund that acts like a checking account ... but this is STILL a fund (an investment) and not a checking account.
    You can't download into this pseudo-checking account because it doesn't exist in real life.  Q is taking the downloaded MMF transactions and auto-magically moving them to the Linked Checking account.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Misterbill
    Misterbill Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's set up as the pseudo-checking account. And it worked fine for years until it stopped downloading transactions earlier this week.

It's not a setup issue, it's a new update issue.
  • NotACPA
    I, also, have a Fidelity CMA account ... and there have been NO issues with downloading my money market transactions. Thus, your claim of "update issue" lacks foundation.
    SO, can you take a snapshot of the "Account Setup" panel for your brokerage account (with account number and the like blurred out) and provide that so we can take a look at what's happening.,
  • Misterbill
    Misterbill Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Pseudo-checking account

CMA account in brokerage section, General tab. The right side says Fidelity Investments as the Financial Institution and my userid/account, so I did not include that piece.

CMA account in brokerage section, Online Services tab

• NotACPA
    Now, this is most curious.  Because, except for account names, your setup is identical to mine.
    Yet, as shown in my graphic, I had a download into my Fidelity account as recently as 12//24.

SO, have you tried that "Reset Account" button that's in your 3rd graphic?
  • NotACPA
    I just noticed that, in your Account Details graphic, that the "Tracking Method" option is displayed ... and it's not displayed in mine.
    Did you, at some point, try turning that to "Simple"?  I see that it's on "Complete" now ... but I don't have that box at all.
    And, have you gone out to Fidelity's website to see if there ARE any MMF transactions? That brokerage transactions are downloading, but not the MMF transactions, is inexplicable.
    Lastly, what Q product and what BUILD of that product are you running?  You can get this info at HELP, About Quicken.