Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Turn off 'Synching to Our Improved Cloud Service?'

When I reset my Cloud, everything is initially fine. My desktop matches the mobile app. As soon as I do an Express Web Connect update to my Shell Oil account, a message pops up saying 'Your data is being synced to our improved cloud service. This is a one-time process and may take several minutes.' At the conclusion of the update my desktop is still OK; however, all of my credit cards except for the Shell Oil card have disappeared from the mobile app. These other cards do not have a web connection for download. All of their balances are currently zero. The data that was in these accounts is missing from the other panels of the mobile app as well.

I'm thinking the syncing to the improved cloud service is looking for space by eliminating accounts with a zero balance. This is well and good, but those accounts which have data lying within the syncing period should not be dropped even if the balance is zero. This throws off the data on the mobile app.

I can't find that there is a way to turn off this syncing on my end. The dropped accounts remain in my sync list, but nothing shows on the mobile app until I add a transaction, and syncing the desktop to the cloud thereafter doesn't add the historical transactions.

I'm running R30.14 on Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 2009 (build 19042.685).

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before attempting to restore a Quicken file backup (or open an earlier copy of the Quicken File), I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

This other Quicken file needs to have a distinct file identifier so that we may delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file.  For example, you may create a new Quicken file (select File > New Quicken File...) without any accounts, enable sync in preferences so you may view and delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file. 

This is necessary because when we open or restore an another version of the Quicken file with the same file identifier, Quicken is not resetting the cloud accountappropriately at this time.  I hope they will let us know when they have addressed this issue, but for now before opening another Quicken file that has the same file identifier embedded, delete the cloud account.  

Note: Only File > New Quicken File... generates a distinct file identifier.  All other forms of creating Quicken file, copy the embedded identifier from another file.
  • QJohnA
    QJohnA Member ✭✭
    That didn't solve my problem, but thanks anyway.

With all due respect, I'm tired of fighting with this and will only use my desktop for awhile. I've deleted my cloud, removed all accounts from the syncing list, disabled syncing entirely and deleted the mobile app from my phone. I've worked with the desktop since 1996 when that was all that was available and I can continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like yet another bug in the "QCS connection" of Express Web Connect.

The thing to understand is this mode is "sync to cloud" and there isn't any way to turn it off short of not using Express Web Connect/QCS.

Here is more information on this:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7882641/qcs-express-web-connect-is-cloud-sync
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • wemond
    wemond Member
    My account with Quicken is up to date. The last update started the problems with my mobile phone. Some of my PC accounts have disappeared from the Sync to my mobile phone. On top of that the balances no longer match the PC. For almost 2 years we have had no problems with the sync. Now since the last update to the PC all sorts of problems have shown up on the sync process, including statements such as the budget won't work with sync, etc.