could not load SKUmap? (Q Win 2008 conflict with Adobe PDF)

raisinron
raisinron Member
What is the meaning of this error, and how is it resolved?

Answers

• The error being: Could not load skumap
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    What were you doing when you got this error?
    Also, what Q product are you running and what BUILD of that product?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • I get this error when I have Quicken 2008 Deluxe Release R3 open AND I open Adobe Acrobat Reader 20.013.20074. The error message explicitly mentions Quicken as the source of the error.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisinron said:
    I get this error when I have Quicken 2008 Deluxe Release R3 open AND I open Adobe Acrobat Reader 20.013.20074. The error message explicitly mentions Quicken as the source of the error.
    I suggest you download and apply the R7, R8, and R9 US Quicken Windows 2008 updates available at: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html
  • I upgraded to R9 as you suggest, but still get the error message when I select a PDF file to open and open it (but it lets me proceed). However, if I open Adobe Reader directly (no file selected) I get the message AND Reader hangs up!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Did you apply R7 AND R8 AND R9 in sequence?
    There was an oddity back with the 2008 product that the higher numbered releases did NOT incorporate all of the lower numbered corrections.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Web search found this:
    https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-quicken-error-cant-load-skumap.771549/ 

Sounds like a QCleanUI followed by a reinstall and re-patch.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Yes, I installed R7 (which is a cumulative release), then R8, then R9.