Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Password Vault doesn't add account username/password for a particular brokerage.

I have multiple accounts from a brokerage. I can reset account or deactivate the account and re-enable it. It then asks me for my brokerage password; I type it in and it works seamlessly.

However, it just doesn't save the password (and username) in the password vault. So whenever, I try to update quotes, it brings up the dialog asking me to "manage" passwords - however, given that I don't even have an entry for "username" in there, I cannot save/update the password either.

So, either I have to download transactions manually and import, or deactivate/reset the account for each download - neither of which are good. \

How can I force password vault to add and save my account information?

(I am using subscription based Windows Quicken Deluxe).

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which brokerage are you working with? And does this brokerage support Direct Connect protocol for downloading transactions?
    Some brokerages require that you enable any account used for downloading transactions in a Security section of their website before you can download. Does that apply to your brokerage?
  • moodybaaz
    moodybaaz Member ✭✭
    Oh - this is the well supported Vanguard. It used to work until I decided to reset it for some other reasons.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @moodybaaz

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.