Transactions not entering and file not opening in Quicken 2002 (UK version)

I am using Quicken 2002 Deluxe (UK) with a file of 43Mb. It is on a dedicated computer, with no internet connection, for security. Just 2 days ago my transactions stopped entering. I composed transactions and when it came to pressing Enter, nothing happened.

When I tried to re-open I had the message: Quicken Executable has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Window will close theprogram and notify you if a solution is available.

On trying to open the file I now get the message:
An error occurred during the last task. Please restart Quicken.
When I press OK, Quicken shuts down. It is opening earlier versions of my data, and they appear to function correctly, but a lot of data has been input since then.

Is there a way of recovering this data file?

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    What happens if you open a backup from a week or so ago?  You do have backups, don't you?
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • I can open previous versions and can enter transactions in them. Quite a few days' work has been done since the last version I can retrieve, however, and I would rather not spend two weeks re-entering data.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if this works in Q-UK, but try starting Quicken while holding down the CTRL key which if successful will start Q without opening the data file.
    Then do a File->File Operations->Validate and Repair of the data file.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list