My bank downloads show my savings transactions but not checking

Everything has been working good but since December 13 when I do updates from my bank (South State Bank) the only account that downloads is savings. Not my checking. I do not receive any error messages either. Just appears as if I have no transactions in my checking account.
I have reset my connection and disconnected both accounts and added back with the same results.
Version 6.0.3 (Build 600.37136.100).macOS 11.1
Quicken Premier

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Howdy, Mick0:

There is little fellow users can help you in this case, as the problem is usually upstream for you. But I will ask if when you deactivated (ALL) accounts from SouthState, did you reconnect both to the "SouthState-new" listing? 
  • mick0
    mick0 Member ✭✭
    Yes. I had completed this step when they merged with the other bank. I recently linked this account to another outside account and wonder if this is part of my problem.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @mick0,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

For clarification, when you deactivated and reactivated your accounts, did you reactivate them one at a time through each account's Settings or did you reactivate them all together at once through Add Account?

Please, check back and let us know!
    -Quicken Anja
  • mick0
    mick0 Member ✭✭
    I am not certain how I did it.

I have gone in and deactivated both checking and savings to try doing each individually.
    Now on both accounts when attempting to set up downloads I enter my login info and it just tabs back to the User ID section whenever I select continue after filling my password.

Instead of one account not updating both will not let me set them up for downloads.
    I am using South State-New for my bank.

Very frustrated right now.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mick0

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I apologize for the frustration.

To clarify, which South Bank option are you currently selecting?

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mick0
    mick0 Member ✭✭
    South State-new
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mick0

Thank you for the response and for the additional details.

If you have not done so already, I would take a look at the steps outlined here.

This article does state that it's for 101/103 errors but these steps may remedy the issue that you're experiencing.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mick0
    mick0 Member ✭✭
    I have just gotten my Savings to reconnect and download again so that much has improved.

My Checking has reconnected BUT still doesn't download any transactions after 12/11/20.
    This was my original problem.

I linked this account to an Online Bank account with Axos Bank on 12/21 but I have transactions between these 2 dates that are not downloading so I don't think that is the problem with downloads.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10
    Hello @mick0

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I would next recommend creating a test file, this will help isolate the issue further. Please go to File > New > Start From Scratch.

Once in the test file please add the problem account and see if the download date stops at the same date or works as expected.

If this works as expected the issue is most likely due to something in the file. If this does not work and the same issue occurs, you will need to contact support for advanced troubleshooting and possible escalation.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mick0
    mick0 Member ✭✭
    That worked by adding the test file. It downloaded everything to the end of the year beginning back in October.

What is my next step?

I really appreciate your help up to this point in solving my problem.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mick0

Thank you for attempting the test file and letting me know the results.

I would next recommend returning to the original file and attempting to connect once more. This located under File > Open Recent.

Please let me know if you are now able to connect to the existing file.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mick0
    mick0 Member ✭✭
    I opened the original file and did an update on all my accounts but the checking account still does not update.
  • mick0
    mick0 Member ✭✭
    This morning I disconnected my checking account and reconnected with the same results.
    Transactions aren't being downloaded after 12/11/20.
  • D.JAM
    D.JAM Member
    Exactly what happened to me with a different bank, last download to Quicken on 12/14. Savings and credit card (Capital One) still download. Quicken telephone help fixed it by creating a new file but it wiped out my Categories and most history, so I'm now trying to get an older backup to play nicely. Once you restore a backup, it takes over as your main file, and theres no getting back to the last version, right?
  • mick0
    mick0 Member ✭✭
    D.JAM

I'm not sure of the answer to that question.
    They told me how to create a new test checking account in a separate place within Quicken which worked and it downloaded my transactions from October to the present.

Haven't heard back from anyone about merging them together. I know my original checking account still doesn't download and I have current transactions in a different place.
    Sure would be nice to have everything on one page and working like it used to work.

Amazing how it just randomly happens to a single account.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @D.JAM  You can have as many Quicken files as you want. there's no such thing as a "main file"; all Quicken remembers is the last file it opened. You can re-open any other data file by double-clicking on the file, or if it's one you've used recently, in the File > Open Recent pop-up menu. (Where things can get tricky is if you don't rename the files to clearly indicate which one is which. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • hendrixe
    hendrixe Member
    Would like to see an update on this. Exact same issue here but then with US Bank.
    Transactions downloaded for credit card and savings but not for checking. Online however does update for checking.
    Created a new Quicken file and in there it downloads all transactions.

But now I need to fix it in my main Quicken file as the whole idea is to have everything together. So how to fix main Quicken file without having to redo everything (classifications, transfer, bills, ...)?
  • mick0
    mick0 Member ✭✭
    edited January 15
    I still continue to have a separate file for my checking due to the fact it will not update. All other accounts (I have many) update perfectly. I can do a manual download from my bank site and then put it into my checking account but that isn't how things are supposed to work.

I have disconnected and reconnected so many times with the same results that I've stopped trying.

Being a Quicken user since the late 80's, Windows and Mac, I don't remember a time where it has taken so long to get a solution.

While waiting for an answer I have started to try [removed - no soliciting] and while there are differences in the two programs I'm giving it a try to evaluate it.
  • WBB12
    WBB12 Member
    Finally found time to trouble shoot this only to find others are having the same problem with SSB checking. Since SSB changed their online system in early Dec., this would seem to be a good place to start. But SSB denies any knowledge. I've tried everything mentioned here without success and SSB-New doesn't even show up in my manual search list. Having to start a new file for one account is not a fix. Sorry I don't have any magic to add here that fixes it all.
  • mick0
    mick0 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for giving it a shot. I have 3 other accounts with SSB and they all work correctly. I see that SSB is now the only option. SSB-new isn't there anymore.

I'm still doing the manual download and have it in a new file. Not the best scenario but until someone figures out what the problem is then that is what I'll have to do.

All my other accounts (IRA, 401-k, Credit Cards etc) work as they should too.
  • reevesdoc
    reevesdoc Member
    I have also been unable to sync my quicken for mac premier with South State Bank since early December. I spent almost 2 hours with a technician from South State and the only "work around" they were able to accomplish was to use a backup prior to the errors. Next day when I asked it to sync it messed it all up again. I have two accounts with South State ( a personal checking and a business checking). The downloads sometimes put transactions in the wrong accounts and sometimes even duplicated transactions. I have been forced to manually enter my transactions. Also opened checking at another bank which works fine with my Quicken. Good Luck!!!
  • I found this fix by accident so I hope it helps. The problem is that South State Banking is misspelled in the Quicken Database. Auto connect fails and it you type South State Banking, that fails also. Set this up from the manual search screen. (You'll be taken there when the auto fails) Search for "Southstate". South State Banking will show in the results list. Choose it and check to see that the logo and link are displayed. Then follow the instructions to complete the connection. Warning: If you have added transactions manually, these will be duplicated in the first download. Delete them from the list or you'll have some cleanup to do in your registry.
  • mick0
    mick0 Member ✭✭
    I will try and see how it works. Strange that it would download my savings and not my checking though.