My synchronizations always end with an error message

The referenced resource (parameter=id, id=187179229753961728) has been deleted.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I suggest you reset your cloud data: select Edit > Preferences...Mobile & Web, and Reset your cloud data

If the issue persists, I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

The other Quicken file needs to have a distinct file identifier so that we may delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file.  For example, you may create a new Quicken file (select File > New Quicken File...) without any accounts, enable sync in preferences so you may view and delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file. 

After deleting the cloud account, you do need to open the original Quicken file and sync for the accounts to be available on the web or through the mobile app.  The initial sync may take some time to complete.

If the issue continues to persist, I suggest you contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
  • grsllc
    grsllc Member
    Today Quicken gave me the described error message when I synced. I reset the cloud data as instructed here and no longer get the same error message but one which says, "During your last sync with the Quicken Cloud we detected the following problems. Please review the recommended (default) fixes, make changes if necessary, and then click Apply. That note is followed by more than 3½ years of data entries in my active accounts, all of which have the Update as the recommended default. I hit Apply Now and it goes through the sync process but it seems to do nothing as the list reappears at the end of sync. Every time I sync again the list reappears and is unchanged. I have closed and restarted the program but it still has the problem. What do I do next?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4
    grsllc said:
    Today Quicken gave me the described error message when I synced. I reset the cloud data as instructed here and no longer get the same error message but one which says, "During your last sync with the Quicken Cloud we detected the following problems. Please review the recommended (default) fixes, make changes if necessary, and then click Apply. That note is followed by more than 3½ years of data entries in my active accounts, all of which have the Update as the recommended default. I hit Apply Now and it goes through the sync process but it seems to do nothing as the list reappears at the end of sync. Every time I sync again the list reappears and is unchanged. I have closed and restarted the program but it still has the problem. What do I do next?
    I suggest you delete the cloud account associated with the Quicken file.
  • grsllc
    grsllc Member
    I am not clear on what I need to do here.

I see that I actually have 6 Quicken accounts associated with my Quicken ID today. The 6th account was apparently created after I reset the cloud data on December 30 though it has the same name as the account I have been using for many years. (The newer account created date is 12/30/2020 whereas the original one is dated 2/14/2018 which is when I think I upgraded to cloud service). Which of these accounts should be deleted, the older one or the newer one? What do I need to do after I delete it?

Thanks for your help!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    grsllc said:
    I am not clear on what I need to do here.

I see that I actually have 6 Quicken accounts associated with my Quicken ID today. The 6th account was apparently created after I reset the cloud data on December 30 though it has the same name as the account I have been using for many years. (The newer account created date is 12/30/2020 whereas the original one is dated 2/14/2018 which is when I think I upgraded to cloud service). Which of these accounts should be deleted, the older one or the newer one? What do I need to do after I delete it?

Thanks for your help!
    Again, I suggest you delete the cloud account associated with the Quicken file.  If you only have one Quicken file, you may delete the obsolete cloud accounts.  After you delete the appropriate cloud account, open the Quicken file and attempt to sync with the Quicken Cloud.
  • grsllc
    grsllc Member
    Please pardon my lack of understanding as I really have no idea how this stuff is supposed to work but I do depend on Quicken to keep my records. I just don't want to lose years of important data.

There are 6 cloud accounts and two of them have the same account name corresponding to the Quicken account I am currently using. I do not know why. The one with the more recent date has an asterisk by it denoting it as the current file. Should I delete that one or the older one with the date going back to when I first started using the cloud?

Or perhaps I should delete everything and start over? Is there any harm in that?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    grsllc said:
    Please pardon my lack of understanding as I really have no idea how this stuff is supposed to work but I do depend on Quicken to keep my records. I just don't want to lose years of important data.

There are 6 cloud accounts and two of them have the same account name corresponding to the Quicken account I am currently using. I do not know why. The one with the more recent date has an asterisk by it denoting it as the current file. Should I delete that one or the older one with the date going back to when I first started using the cloud?

Or perhaps I should delete everything and start over? Is there any harm in that?
    If you have the Quicken file you are having synchronization issues with open, the cloud account with the asterisk is the cloud account you should delete.  As explained earlier, to delete this cloud account, you will need to open another Quicken file with a distinct file identifier.

Whenever we open a Quicken file, if a cloud account does not exist for the file identifier associated with the Quicken file,  a new cloud account will be created.  The cloud accounts contain partial copies of information maintained in the Quicken files.  Unless you have placed data in a cloud account by using the Quicken Mobile app or the Quicken on the Web site that you have not synchronized with the Quicken file, you should not lose any data by deleting a cloud account.