Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

BBVA Deposit not showing up

I made a deposit into our BBVA account on Saturday. I checked the account online today and it shows the deposit However, when I open my quicken file and update, the deposit is not showing. What could be happening here? Thanks.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab.

Your deposit may appear in the online account but may still be pending as checks do take some time to clear.  You may be able to determine if the deposit has actually cleared by examining the available balance.

If you are using the Express Web Connect connection method, the transactions may not have been successfully pulled over night.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab.

Your deposit may appear in the online account but may still be pending as checks do take some time to clear.  You may be able to determine if the deposit has actually cleared by examining the available balance.

If you are using the Express Web Connect connection method, the transactions may not have been successfully pulled over night.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

• Andy_G
    Andy_G Member ✭✭
    The full name is BBVA Compass. I will check again tomorrow to see if it shows in Quicken after updating. The image from the link you provided is attached. Thanks.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andy_G said:
    The full name is BBVA Compass. I will check again tomorrow to see if it shows in Quicken after updating. The image from the link you provided is attached. Thanks.
    The information on the Intuit web site is dated.   Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab.
  • Andy_G
    Andy_G Member ✭✭
    The deposit is still not showing up in Qucken file but shows up in the online bank website. I have attached Online Services Tab. Some of the other deposits show up. This particular deposit was through BBVA's ATM machine. Not sure why that would matter.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andy_G said:
    The deposit is still not showing up in Qucken file but shows up in the online bank website. I have attached Online Services Tab. Some of the other deposits show up. This particular deposit was through BBVA's ATM machine. Not sure why that would matter.
    The full name of the financial institution is BBVA USA and the connection method is Direct Connect.

If the deposit has cleared the financial institution, I suggest you review the OFX Log for the transaction (select Help > Log Files and  OFX Log).  If the transaction is not present in the OFX Log, I suggest you contact the financial institution.  In either case, I suggest you manually enter the transaction.
  • Andy_G
    Andy_G Member ✭✭
    I entered the deposit manually. I have not contacted BBVA yet. I captured a screen shot of the OFX file. I am not sure how to read it. It is attched. I also came across connection log(?), but clicking on it nothing happens.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andy_G said:
    I entered the deposit manually. I have not contacted BBVA yet. I captured a screen shot of the OFX file. I am not sure how to read it. It is attched. I also came across connection log(?), but clicking on it nothing happens.
    You have only provided the first 30 lines of the OFX log which shows the beginning of BBVA response.  I suggest you save the log (select Save As...) and open the file with a text file editor (for example, Notepad).  You can the search for the expected transaction.
  • Andy_G
    Andy_G Member ✭✭
    I saved the file and searched for the deposit. The particular deposit did not show up (if I were reading the date correctly). One thing about this deposit is that the check is issued by Chase bank, we get it in the mail and deposit it via an ATM. I am thinking that must have something to do with it. I will see if that happens again . Thanks for your help. I learned a few things along the way.