Why aren't all my transactions being downloaded from Bank of America?

Recently I have been experiencing some odd behavior downloading transactions from my Bank of America Credit Card Account in Quicken (All other Accounts work fine). I am hopeful that I can clearly communicate the problem.

1) I go through the One Step Update and transactions are downloaded into my quicken accounts.
2) As I am going through my BofA account I accept ALL of the transactions that are downloaded.
3) When I go to Reconcile, the difference from the Cleared balance and Statement ending balance does NOT equal zero. In these situations there is one or more transactions that have not been cleared. I verify that these transactions have cleared my bank (generally 1-2 days ago).

4)If I manually select the transaction as reconciled in order to get the difference to zero I complete the reconciliation process.

5) Here is the issue: If I immediately do another update to download transactions, those records showup as available transactions to reconcile. I can go through the manual linking of these transactions but the problem is these transactions would not download unless I manually reconciled them.

Some Things to Note:
1) My Quicken is Updated to the newest version.
2) I have tried the One Step Update as well as the update on the individual account multiple times.
3) If I manually reconcile the transactions they will always download after I have completed the transaction.
4) These transactions were added through the Mobile Quicken App
5) I actually called quicken support and had them do a screen share. Problem appears to be out of script for tech support person. All I got was call your bank. This just doesn't seem like a bank issue (I could be wrong).

Best Answer

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

kevintorg said:
    @kevintorg , I believe the issue is the use of Mobile as you wrote above.
    The Mobile app uses the cloud sync, and if you were to scan the posts on this community in the past few months you will find out that most unexplained and strange transaction issues have cloud sync as the common denominator.
    To my knowledge there is no clear resolution yet but to consider the following:
    - Delete the main cloud dataset using another test Quicken data file and see if that solves the issue.  You need to open/create another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows
    - Consider not using mobile and disable cloud sync: Go to: Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > turned OFF Sync
    Note that these are just suggestions.  Make sure you have a backup first.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

kevintorg said:
    @kevintorg , I believe the issue is the use of Mobile as you wrote above.
    The Mobile app uses the cloud sync, and if you were to scan the posts on this community in the past few months you will find out that most unexplained and strange transaction issues have cloud sync as the common denominator.
    To my knowledge there is no clear resolution yet but to consider the following:
    - Delete the main cloud dataset using another test Quicken data file and see if that solves the issue.  You need to open/create another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows
    - Consider not using mobile and disable cloud sync: Go to: Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > turned OFF Sync
    Note that these are just suggestions.  Make sure you have a backup first.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• sullfam1
    sullfam1 Member ✭✭
    Same problem here except I do not download through mobile...only online. If I know I am missing some items after Updating Quicken I go to Bank of America and download file manually and the missing items come into Quicken.

Would be great if Quicken knew what was wrong.
This discussion has been closed.