Unable to delete/change recurring payment

Out of several recurring payments, I needed to stop one and change the amount paid in the other. I followed the instructions for doing those two things. But the one I wanted to stop continues to show up as a recurring payment and will get paid if I don't manually cancel each payment as soon as it recurs. The payment I wanted to change the amount of suddenly turned into two payments, one for the old amount and one for the new amount. I have to cancel the wrong amount payment manually every time it recurs. I went to my list of online payees, but neither of the wrong payments show up there anymore. The basic situation is that Quicken deleted the payees from my recurring list, but didn't actually stop paying them. I'm using Windows 10, Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property 2020, v. R30.14.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hello @jumblejim

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would recommend following the steps below to remove the payment instructions.
    1. Choose Tools menu >Bill and Income Reminders List and then select the Repeating Online tab.
    2. Click to select the repeating payment you want to delete.
    3. Press and hold the CTRL key and click Delete at the top of the scheduled transaction list.
    4. Quicken displays a message, "This will delete your payment instructions from Quicken. It will not send instructions to the payment center to stop making the payments. You should only use this on the advice of Quicken Technical Support." (The exact wording of this message may vary). Click OK.
    If you have completed these steps or the trouble persists, please contact support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hello @jumblejim

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would recommend following the steps below to remove the payment instructions.
    1. Choose Tools menu >Bill and Income Reminders List and then select the Repeating Online tab.
    2. Click to select the repeating payment you want to delete.
    3. Press and hold the CTRL key and click Delete at the top of the scheduled transaction list.
    4. Quicken displays a message, "This will delete your payment instructions from Quicken. It will not send instructions to the payment center to stop making the payments. You should only use this on the advice of Quicken Technical Support." (The exact wording of this message may vary). Click OK.
    If you have completed these steps or the trouble persists, please contact support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jumblejim
    jumblejim Member
    Thank you for your response, but if you'll notice in my original question, the two payments I want to delete are NOT in my Repeating Online list, YET THEY CONTINUE TO BE PAID FROM MY ACCOUNT (unless I am quick enough to cancel each individual payment before it goes out). I HAD previously deleted the two payees from my Repeating Online list, and they disappeared. But the actual payments continue as if I hadn't deleted them.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jumblejim

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • tdh7878
    tdh7878 Member
    Has anyone figured out a solution? I am having the same issue. I spoke with customer service and we did many things including validating, super validating and still the transactions continue.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17
    tdh7878 said:
    Has anyone figured out a solution? I am having the same issue. I spoke with customer service and we did many things including validating, super validating and still the transactions continue.

Are these Online Bill Pay transactions?
    If so, who originates the execution of these transactions? Is it you, in Quicken as an Online Bill Pay transaction? Or is it the bank because you created this transaction using the banks' bill pay webpage?
    In the latter case access the bank's website with your browser and look for these bill pay transactions. Delete / change when found.
  • tdh7878
    tdh7878 Member
    Thanks for the reply. The transactions are all created and executed through Quicken. I have been a user since 1999 and have never had any issues until the subscription service started.