Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

I cannot update my username

I am not able to update my username on my profile. I tried adding the version of Quicken I am using, but I get an error stating "Usernames must be 3-20 characters and consist of letters, numbers, and underscores.".

Any suggestions on when this will be fixed or a workaround?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Mary Ann Edson-Plumb

My name is Tyka and I a moderator for the Quicken Community.

Please provide the username that you would like so that I may update your profile.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • quick20
    quick20 Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    @Quicken_Tyka as Moderator can you update my username to: quick20

Thank you!

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2020
    I believe only the admins can edit usernames. However, if you edit your profile, you should see a dropdown under "What version of Quicken are you using?". You can specify your version there and not have to append it to your username.

While on the profile page, you can click Signature Settings to add a forum signature with more details.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The actual problem is that, according to the latest rules, a Quicken Community username cannot contain blank spaces. Your username was grandfathered in from an old Community website from a few years ago and it does contain blank spaces.
    If you want to change your username to remove the spaces, let me know. I'll contact a moderator for you and ask that he/she gets in touch with you, to discuss details.

• Thanks @RickO , in "Edit Profile" is where I tried to add the version and upon saving received the error and it failed to add the version.

@UKR , if a moderator is able to update my username to make it compliant so additional profile changes can be made, that would be appreciated.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Pam/Steve, In case @UKR isn't back soon, I have passed this along to a moderator to make the change.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A moderator will contact you, most likely with a private message here in the Community.
  • I too need to change my username, which for some reason is my full name. In the old Community I had a different display name, but that seems to be gone. How do I contact a moderator about this?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Mary Ann Edson-Plumb

My name is Tyka and I a moderator for the Quicken Community.

Please provide the username that you would like so that I may update your profile.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • quick20
    quick20 Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    @Quicken_Tyka as Moderator can you update my username to: quick20

Thank you!
  • jeff22
    jeff22 Member ✭✭
    Hi, Moderator. Can you update my username to jeff22?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @jeff22,

I went ahead and updated your username to "jeff22" per your request.

Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • jeff22
    jeff22 Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Anja.
  • Quicken Anja
    You're welcome! :)
    -Quicken Anja
  • deriter
    deriter Member ✭✭
    Could a moderator please change my username to "deriter"?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @deriter

I have updated your account to the new name as requested. You may need to refresh the page to display the recent changes.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • MLG_Vegas
    MLG_Vegas Member ✭✭
    Could a moderator please change my username to MLG_Vegas

If that is not available, kindly inbox me and I'd be happy to provide alternatives.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @MLG_Vegas, I have gone ahead and updated your username per your request.
    -Quicken Anja
This discussion has been closed.