Home Before you Buy
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Is it even possible to talk to someone at Quicken I have already repurchased the QMac software

GaryBGaryB Member ✭✭
edited December 2020 in Before you Buy
I have repurchased the software for quicken I wanted to start over did not want any of the old files to keep showing up on my computer, Is there a phone number I can call?

Best Answer

Answers

• GaryBGaryB Member ✭✭
    Can I get a phone Number to call someone?
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    To start a new file just go up to FILE - NEW QUICKEN FILE.  
    Are you on Windows?  Your data files end in .qdf and .qdf-backup and should be in your Documents in a Quicken folder.  You can delete them there.  Or search your computer for all files ending in .qdf  
  • RickORickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I see you are using QMac. What is the old version you're trying to get rid of? Quicken Support can certainly help with this, but we may be able to help you here as well.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • GaryBGaryB Member ✭✭
    Sorry I was talking to someone at Quicken and they put me on hold, they then kept calling back and I could not hear anyone on the phone. They took care of the problem but I still have the register appearing completely different from what it was. Can you help with this? I had quicken deluxe on Windows now I switched to Apple and did not realized I purchased Quicken Starter at Best Buy. Is this my problem here? The register seems to be a low quality. Thanks, Gary
    You will need to be more specific of what differences are bothering you; what you're missing. One thing comes to mind: there is no 2-line register available in Qmac, though it has been asked for many times.
  • GaryBGaryB Member ✭✭
    Maybe that is the problem I'm looking at a Mac and thinking it should look like windows. I don't understand why my live balance is increasing rather then decreasing as I am only putting checks in the register. Also before I could do deposits and eft, transfers in the check number frame now I am unable to pull this up?
    If it looks like the balance is increasing it is probably a negative balance that is increasing.  Because you haven't put any deposits in yet.  
  • GaryBGaryB Member ✭✭
    I did a deposit and it is showing up as checking
  • GaryBGaryB Member ✭✭
    There is no deposit column
  • GaryBGaryB Member ✭✭
    In windows I had a deposit column
  • GaryBGaryB Member ✭✭
    Is the Mac version a scaled down version with no bells and whistles?
  • GaryBGaryB Member ✭✭
    I think I'm going to take the quicken back to the store and get a refund.
    What do you mean a deposit is showing up as checking?  Mac is very similar to Windows.  It has all the columns. Account Registers in Mac

https://www.quicken.com/support/account-registers-quicken-mac

Don't give up yet.  There are several Mac users.  Maybe one will reply.

• GaryBGaryB Member ✭✭
    Tell me how do I get my checks to enter now I double click the check column and it will not open up?
  • GaryBGaryB Member ✭✭
    Trying to start over here.
  • GaryBGaryB Member ✭✭
    The Mac shows deposits in a different color it does not show it in a different column like the windows version
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    GaryB said:
    Sorry I was talking to someone at Quicken and they put me on hold, they then kept calling back and I could not hear anyone on the phone. They took care of the problem but I still have the register appearing completely different from what it was. Can you help with this? I had quicken deluxe on Windows now I switched to Apple and did not realized I purchased Quicken Starter at Best Buy. Is this my problem here? The register seems to be a low quality. Thanks, Gary
    Hi @GaryB ,

Opinion: Take back Quicken Starter Version for Mac Computer.
    See: https://www.quicken.com/support/Terms-and-Conditions-For-Exchanging-Returning-or-Refunding-Quicken-Products

Get / Buy Quicken Premier for the Mac Computer. Reason: It comes with Free Priority access to customer support (a $49 value)*

Keep using the Premier Edition until you know how to use it, without the need for having Priority access.

https://www.quicken.com/mac/compare

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Scroll up to see:
    "
    Quicken Support will be closed on January 1st. We will resume regular business hours on Saturday, January 2nd, at 5 AM (Pacific). For help during this time, please consider searching for answers here (in the search bar above)."
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R30.21  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21296.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.746

Note: Product What's New in Quicken is grayed out.. Also Year is stuck on 2020 and Copyright Date is stuck 2018 in About Quicken.

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

Gary, Click menu View > Columns, or right click on any column heading. You will see a list of all the available columns with checkmarks for those that are turned on. Uncheck the Amount column, and check the Deposit and Payments columns. Your register will now look like you are used to, with separate columns for debits and credits. 

To enter a check number, double click anywhere on a transaction to edit it. Then click once in the check number field and type your check number. If you type a plus sign (+), it will auto-enter the next check number in sequence.