Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Display/UI (Mac)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

name of the open quicken data file has been removed from title bar?

DrNormDrNorm Member ✭✭
edited December 2020 in Display/UI (Mac)
I have 3 different quicken data files I use (personal and 2 businesses) and move back and further between them. Until the most recent update, the NAME of the data file appeared in the title bar, quickly letting me know which data file I was working in. Granted, I can look at the accounts list and figure out fairly quickly if it's a personal data file or one of my businesses but that takes extra time and isn't always entirely obvious (since I bank at the same bank for biz and personal and use the same credit card issuer for both biz and personal cards).

Even if I right-click on the dock icon, it does not indicate which data file is open. The only plays it actually "shows" the name of the data file is under "File > Show 'XXX' in Finder" which takes more time than looking at the transactions and accounts and trying to figure it out.

Since I frequently go back and forth between datasets, this is actually a big deal to me.
0 votes

Implemented · Last Updated

The feature was added as a preference setting.

Comments

• RickORickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Another way to show the data file name is to click the red Q icon top right. But that's no easier than clicking the file menu.

Until and unless Quicken restores the filename in title bar, how about renaming your first account (usually the checking account) to start with the name of the entity (eg. Personal Checking, Biz 1 Checking, etc.). 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There's a simple Preference setting you can turn on: 

Problem solved! :)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • DrNormDrNorm Member ✭✭
    Doh..... THANK YOU FOR THAT INFO!!!!
    So often, changes are made and not detailed (I actually DO read the change logs).
    Of course, some people "put up" with stuff for years, never bothering to learn that there is a very simple "fix" (like in this case).
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @DrNorm  I'm not sure, but I don't think this existed in the first 6.0 release, and they may have quietly added it after people started complaining about it. But I was happy to have discovered it, because I also switch between different files and find this hugely helpful.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickORickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You're right, it wasn't in the initial 6.0 release. It was added later. I knew that too and totally forgot. Double Doh!
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.