Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Reconciled Status Changing [Edited to Include Topic]

sb54sb54 Member
Quicken has changed reconciled entries three times in 2020.

First was an EFT payment of a credit card from checking 7/3/2020. The EFT from checking was reconciled to the July 2020 bank statement. I have screenshots of the reconcile transactions.
I don’t know when Quicken changed the entry but now, my Quicken credit card register shows the payment as a transfer from something identified only as [Deleted Account]. The entry still shows an “R” for reconciled – but to what?

The transaction no longer appears in the checkbook register now that Quicken has assigned it to this [“Deleted Account”].

My checkbook has reconciled every month since. I am concerned that if I move this Reconciled entry from [Deleted Account] to the checking account it will throw off my checking balances going back to July.

Should I just back up my file and move the entry back to the checking acct to see what happens?

Is this a sign of an underlying problem? What could have caused the entry to be moved?

There are two other similar entries for this “Deleted Account” involving the same credit card and one other credit card account, both payments paid from the same checking account.

The file is backed up locally but also synched with the Cloud. If the synch works both ways as implied by the term synchronize, could the Cloud copy be affecting my local file?

I did not see this subject addressed in the forum but I may not have used the right terms.
I am using Quicken Deluxe 2020, R30.14, Build 27.1.30.14
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @sb54

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

What you have described sounds like a known issue that was discussed here. This issue was that syncing caused, payee, categories, and reconciled statuses to change. This would also include transfers as you have described.

What you will want to do is update to the most recent version which includes a fix for this isseu.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

You will then need to restore a backup from prior to all of the issues occurring, if necessary.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @sb54

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

What you have described sounds like a known issue that was discussed here. This issue was that syncing caused, payee, categories, and reconciled statuses to change. This would also include transfers as you have described.

What you will want to do is update to the most recent version which includes a fix for this isseu.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

You will then need to restore a backup from prior to all of the issues occurring, if necessary.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • sb54sb54 Member
    Thank you. I updated Quicken upon opening the program just now so I am up to date. I was only aware of three checking account reconciled transactions affected, beginning to July 3, 2020. Tell me if possible if this could be part of the issue you described. I just tried to reconcile checking and Quicken is now showing me unreconciled entries dating back to September! I reconciled all months through November with no problem. Although Quicken now shows many transactions to be reconciled spanning August - December, the offending transactions from July and August remain, showing in the fabricated "Deleted" account. Moreover, from a cursory review, it does not appear the account will balance. The problem may be greater than the three entries I was looking at now that the program has updated. I will look further into it but if you have any guidance I would sure be grateful. Steve