Convert an Account Back to Mortgage in Quicken Mac

I thought I would connect my Mortgage account to my credit union, and it connected, but then I decided it was only every month, and I would go back to Mortgage. But I can't, It will either be a loan or liability. I cant get it back to Mortgage, that has all of the settings for Loan Length, Interest rate, and other settings. Went back to an older backup, but it keeps giving me the bad change, even though it wasn't there yesterday. How can going back to an older backup still give me the account as a liability, and not Mortgage? Help

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Tom11

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Can you please confirm the date of the backup(s) that you have tried restoring? It sounds as though the backups being selected after a change to the loan account.

If you are unable to locate a backup, you may need to move forward with the existing file and add the account manually and renter the loan details.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Tom11
    Tom11 Member ✭✭✭
    Well I went back and got a BACKUP from 12/29/20, and both of my mortgages were labeled as Mortgages. I did an update just for my checking, and looked at each account, and was surprised when I went to that troubling mortgage, and saw that it was again a LOAN, with a grayed out pull down to change it. Funny how somewhere it got put back to LOAN and not mortgage. Everything looks and works the same, but my Aspergers makes me work on it, and try to get it right. Or back the way it was. If I want to enter every payment since Feb 2012, I could get the create a new mortgage to work, and it would be correct. But thats a lot of typing.
This discussion has been closed.