Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

about check printing

I am having issue with Windows and Quicken check printing. The memo field is too low and close to the routing numbers on my checks. I use three to a page wallet checks. How can I get the memo field to be raised 3 to 4 lines.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited January 3
    Hello @Susan Brasel

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let us know if these steps work to resolve the issue.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Susan Brasel
    Susan Brasel Member ✭✭
    No this does not work...The date, The Pay to, the dollar amount, the long written dollar amount are aligned just fine, ir is the MEMO line ONLY that needs adjustment upwards 3 lines maybe 4. We have no way to adjust each field, it is an ALL gets adjusted or aligned, not just ONE thing.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How "too close" does the Memo text print?
    The document by @Quicken_Tyka says that the bottom 5/8" of the check is reserved for the MICR line. The Memo field should be just barely above that. If not, have you tried adjusting the entire image up by 1/8" or 5 to 10 units?
    Also do make sure that your system wide printer properties set the page to 8.5*11" standard paper, 100% reduction/enlargement and no auto-detect paper type.
    The catch-22 here has to do with using window envelopes for your checks. If the Memo is printed too high, it's visible in the address window of your envelopes ... and nobody wants that.
  • Susan Brasel
    Susan Brasel Member ✭✭
    It does not line up to the "MEMO" line on my checks. If I raise it up to the memo line, then the dollar amount is printing where the date should be, and the other fields that print are too far above the "Pay to the Order of" and into my account name and info. What shows up in the envelope window has nothing to do with my case. There should be a way to adjust each field to match the checks that I buy.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will never be able to line up exactly to the pre-printed Memo line. Sorry.
    The memo text was lowered to solve several customer complaints about the text being visible when the check was stuffed into a window envelope. So now it prints a little lower than expected. As long as, based on your printer alignment, it doesn't print within the MICR area, you're OK.
  • VeroPhyl
    VeroPhyl Member
    I have used Quicken since it was first developed. Even in the old Apple IIe version, the user could adjust the fields on the checks independently. Since Quicken for Mac has been the red-headed stepchild for the last couple of decades, I used the 2007 version until I was forced to update when I bought my new Macbook. That version also allowed the user to adjust the check fields independently. Surely, some programmer working on developing all the new bells and whistles for Quicken could program the ability to independently adjust the Memo line for those of us who still print checks and who don't use window envelopes. Surely, we deserve as much consideration as the window envelope users, especially since the program that we have used since the 1980s had that capability.
This discussion has been closed.