How to Migrate from Q Deluxe 2012 ...

I have Q Deluxe 2012 on an old Wiidows XP system and "want" to migrate to the current subscription version. Haven't decided between Starter and Deluxe. Can I simply open the v2012 QDF file from the new version? Does a tutorial exist on how to do this migration?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Tagged:

Best Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Yes you should be able to just open your data file in the new version and it will convert it.  Starter is very limited and doesn't have investments, mortgages or tags/classes.  I'm not sure if Starter will open your current file. Most of us recommend getting Deluxe or higher.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3 Accepted Answer
    volvogirl said:
    I'm not sure if Starter will open your current file. Most of us recommend getting Deluxe or higher.
    Edited for clarity
     It (Starter edition) will open the old Quicken 2012 data file, but any accounts of account types it doesn't support will become read-only.  What's more if the subscription lapses all accounts will become read-only.  With the Deluxe and above edition at least you will still be able to make manual entries if the subscription lapses (but note about 25% of your window will be filled with an ad to renew the subscription).
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Yes you should be able to just open your data file in the new version and it will convert it.  Starter is very limited and doesn't have investments, mortgages or tags/classes.  I'm not sure if Starter will open your current file. Most of us recommend getting Deluxe or higher.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3 Accepted Answer
    volvogirl said:
    I'm not sure if Starter will open your current file. Most of us recommend getting Deluxe or higher.
    Edited for clarity
     It (Starter edition) will open the old Quicken 2012 data file, but any accounts of account types it doesn't support will become read-only.  What's more if the subscription lapses all accounts will become read-only.  With the Deluxe and above edition at least you will still be able to make manual entries if the subscription lapses (but note about 25% of your window will be filled with an ad to renew the subscription).
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/