Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

What is error code 6949

What is error code 6949

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @ternash71,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

We will need some additional information in order for us to better assist you. Could you please elaborate on the error 6949 you are receiving? 
    1. Did you happen to notice if there was a specific action you took or performed that prompted the error code to surface? 
    2. Aside from the error number code, was there any error message associated with the number code as well? 
    3. What area of the program are you receiving this error code in? 
    4. If you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error you receive? 
    If needed, please review this Community FAQ on how to attach screenshots. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop your screenshot to your response if you are not given the option to add it as an attachment.

The more information and details you are able to provide us with, the better we will be able to assist you further, thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Unknown, and there are no other references to such in this forum.
    What were you doing when you got this error?  Were there any messages associated with it?
    And what Q product are you running and what BUILD of that product?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • ternash71
    ternash71 Member
    It is 2014 Version R 1(23.1.1.17) I was entering a check in the register and the error came up and crashed. Had to restore each time just to be able to get into that bank account. This has happened each time (about 5 times) that I entered the 11th transaction from the last backup. Tried entering in different transactions but each time it crashed on the 11th entry. Was able to add a new account and could add multiple entries with no problem. Also have a new hard drive since the initial problem, but Quicken responds the same. Have bought the new version today, have not installed it yet. Maybe that will help. Fingers crossed!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    What do you mean  by "entered the 11th transaction from the last backup".  How are you doing this, because a Q restore from  a backup file is an all or nothing proposition ... not account by account or transaction by transaction.
    Also, it could help if you brought your Q (old as it is) up to the latest/last version.  Download and then install the R10 Mondo patch from here: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-2014-patches.html

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Error Codes 6xxx or 7xxx in older versions of Quicken for Windows
    Please read and follow instructions in my comment in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20140036#Comment_20140036

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    ternash71 said:
    Have bought the new version today, have not installed it yet. Maybe that will help. Fingers crossed!
    If nothing else that will get you an uninstall of the old version and an install of the new one and that might help. It will also get you a conversion from the Quicken 2014 data format to the Subscription data format, and that transferring of information might also side step some kinds of problems.

Note though the information UKR gave is probably the best to try to get rid of the problem.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/