Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why is my calendar full of repeat entries

Getting sick of this crap. Every time I open quicken there are dozens of multiple entries. I've turned off my auto renewal. If I don't get a permanent fix for this I'm done. I manually remove them and validate the file. Clean it up and then and next day they are back. I wipe it out and restart all over, and its back. Ether this gets fixed or I'm done.

Answers

• DericRock
    DericRock Member ✭✭
    (I'm not using the Canadian version, but maybe this helps...) Have you looked at the Tools > Manage Bill & Income Reminders? Is there any correlation between that and the calendar? Honestly, the image you attached does not show much. Can you describe in more detail what sort of entries in the calendar are there? Are you running the most recent version (Help > Check for Updates)?
    Quicken user since 1995, now using Premier Subscription on Win10 Home.
  • jshockley
    jshockley Member
    I am running into the exact same thing. I have an income reminder that is setup to recur every month on the 8th for $130. Once I set this up I look at the calendar view or the Projected Balance and it is replicating the entry. It appears to replicate more and more as days go on. Initially it shows only twice and adds $260 to the balance on the 8th. Then it may show 3+ for no apparent reason. I have deleted and recreated the income reminder six times and it keeps coming back. It doesn't appear to be happening with my income reminder for my paycheck.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @jshockley

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jwhyche
    jwhyche Member ✭✭
    The validate & repair does nothing. It will fix it for a session or two then the same thing will start again.
  • jwhyche
    jwhyche Member ✭✭
    Oh look here it is again. This time with a reminder. This is getting old. A accounting program that can't keep up with expenses is useless.
  • jwhyche
    jwhyche Member ✭✭
    Then there is this, after a repair and validate
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jwhyche said:
    The validate & repair does nothing. It will fix it for a session or two then the same thing will start again.

Are you Syncing to the cloud, for use with the Quicken app on smartphones or Quicken on the Web?
    If yes, please try this:
  • jwhyche
    jwhyche Member ✭✭
    So you are saying that I can't use features of the software that I'm paying for? The sync service is part of the software license, that I pay for. Having it cause these problem to the point of rending that service unusable isn't acceptable.
  • YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think @UKR is just trying to help isolate what the problem is since there is something going on there. This is something with your file not a widespread issue. 99% of us here are users like you, not from Quicken we are just trying to help.
This discussion has been closed.