Why does "Withdraw" change to "Deposit" in Investments?

Every time I select "Withdraw" in investments it changes the transaction to "Deposit". After doing the same thing three or four times, it will finally come out as "Withdraw". This is very frustrating.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    You aren't entering a negative number with a minus sign, are you?
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • GHenry540
    GHenry540 Member
    I do not use negative numbers in any of my transactions.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @GHenry540

Thank you for the response. How are you entering this transaction into Quicken?

Do you enter this directly into the register or through the "Enter Transactions" button? Are you selecting a tab to move between fields?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • dbsmith
    dbsmith Member
    edited May 5
    It is a bug. See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7878583/bug-entering-withdraw-transaction
    It has been happening to me for months as described in the above discussion. Quicken - please fix this issue - There is a "work around" but this shouldn't be happening.
    Thank you
  • GHenry540
    GHenry540 Member
    I always use the "Enter Transactions" feature. When I select "OK and new" or "OK and done" it changes to deposit every time. After 3 or 4 attempts it will finally remain as a withdrawal. Makes working with Quicken very annoying.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I just tested this in my Q data file, using the "Enter Transaction" feature. ... and the withdraw transaction stayed as a withdraw.
    SO, I'm beginning to suspect some sort of file corruption.  Have you tried Validating your file?
    FILE,  File  Operations, "Validate and Repair" ... being sure to check both "Validate File" and "Rebuild Investing Lots" before you click OK
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • GHenry540
    GHenry540 Member
    When it first started happening, I went on line with an Intuit Agent to show what was happening and it wouldn't happen. I figured, OK, it's fixed. The next time I tried it, it changed to Deposit again.