how do i get quicken to stop asking for a schwab password that it has and is correct?

i cannot get any downloads to Schwab one step to work anymore. I've deactivated and reactivated online multiple times (all my accounts) . I have the latest version of quicken. My password works on the schwab site, but Quicken just asks for it over and over again. My ID is correct too. Just started this week.
It's really frustrating.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does your password have any special chars ?
    Sometimes there is a disconnect between what works on the brokerage website, and what is accepted and passed from the Quicken OSU...

Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • meldon
    meldon Member
    Yes it does. I'll change it tomorrow and see if that's the problem. Special characters improve passwords, wonder why it's a problem for quicken.
    Thanks. I'll let you know.
  • UserDavidC
    UserDavidC Member ✭✭✭
    It's not 'any' special characters. Quicken does not like these special characters:
    /
    \
    <
    >
    These are used by Quicken to control something in the way Quicken downloads data from banks.

Other special characters should be ok to use.
  • wjh76
    wjh76 Member
    I have been having the same problem for weeks now. I have a $ and a + in a password I use online for Schwab, with no problem. The password is rejected by Quicken Vault. Other financial accounts I use in Quicken have similar special characters and Vault is ok with them. What gives Quicken? Please fix this Quicken/Schwab limitation. I want strong security in the passwords I use.