Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Credit Union Checking account won't balance any more

Hello!
I've asked about this before and thought I had an answer, but I guess I don't. I'm still having trouble.

My Credit Union updated their bank software a few weeks ago and it's caused havoc on getting my checking and savings account to balance now. I've followed the instructions given by Intuit/my CU to deactivate and reactivate my accounts. It took me a while to clean THAT up as it downloaded a TON of duplicate transactions, which I had to go and delete one by one.

Problem is now, when I do an update, all my transactions are matched up properly, but it won't mark off the balance and transactions as (R), Reconciled. I've manually checked the balance and it's close, but not quite right. Even if it was right, I just don't know why it won't mark itself off as (R).

After asking here before, I checked and realized Quicken is pulling down a balance back from MAY!! I've emailed and spoke with my Credit Union and sent them log files but as of yet, they don't know what's going on. In the meantime, my ledger is still not quite right.

I've thought about just switching to reconciling with a paper statement but I get a warning from Quicken that says since I'v been balancing online, switching to paper can "cause problems."

I'm just about to the point where I may jsut start my file over again...which I've been told is a nightmare. Anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone successfully started their file over and if so, any pointers? Or should I just go ahead and ignore that warning and do a paper reconcile?

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Switching to paper statements does not cause problems.  You just need to be aware that some transactions on the statement may already have been marked as reconciled.
  • BruceDTX
    BruceDTX Member
    Thank you! I'll give it a try tonight, just at least so I could get a balance until my credit union figures out what the heck is going on.
  • BruceDTX
    BruceDTX Member
    (sigh) I tried reconciling my Checking Account to a paper statement and wow! It shows I'm off over $1800!! But when I manually balance (taking the ending balance in my Quicken Register, add uncleared items, etc), I'm less than $10 off.

Any ideas? I'm going to try and get in touch with quicken support but who knows if that'll help or not.