Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Alert msg: Payment: Unspecified Bill Presentment Account has scheduled bills or deposits due soon.

Can anyone explain the meaning of this alert on my Home page of Quicken Premier for Windows (desktop)? Clicking on the blue words "Unspecified Bill Presentment Account" displays a empty register for account "Unspecified Bill Presentment Account". I assume it has something to do with paying bills from inside Quicken which I recent ly started doing.
Thanks

Comments

• Hello @LandofCope52

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is an odd issue it sounds like when you pay a bill it's likely just not selected on the right account but to be sure could you take a screenshot so that we're able to see as well. I'll leave steps below on how to do so.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Once we have a bit more information we'll be able to see what we can do next. Let us know once you get the chance!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• phonejill
    phonejill Member ✭✭
    edited January 19
    @quickenFrancisco ,
    Before you dismiss @LandofCope52 's issue as 'odd' you should know I'm having the same problem [Removed - Speculation].

It began about a month or two ago. I've been ignoring it (without issue) but I'd like to know the cause and cure.

I've used Quicken for many years, and the built-in Bill Paying service for a few years now. This is new and I don't think I caused it - I'm pretty cautious about setting up my accounts in Quicken and keeping them current.

I recently ran a "Validate and Repair" operation on my quicken file and that had no curative effect. I still am presented a warning about an issue after running a One-Step Update and can find this alert and empty 'account' when I click on the alert. If I click on the account's settings (gear icon + "edit account details") the click is acknowledged by the UI but the expected modal pop-up window never opens.

PS - I have screenshots - but the tools to attach a photo do not appear in this tool :disappointed::o
This discussion has been closed.