Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Disable Auto Matching Transaction to Bills and Income Reminders

lacey_robison
lacey_robison Member
I am using the Quicken, Home & Rental Property and just recently Quicken will automatically match downloaded transactions to my bill and income reminders even before I accept the downloaded transaction into the register . This would be helpful if it was matching correctly. I am managing 14 properties and often the matches are incorrect and causing more issues. When I un-match the transaction, the bill or income reminder is no longer available to manually match to the correct transaction in the register.

I want to completely disable Quicken from matching to my bills and income reminders and do it manually. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @lacey_robison,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

Unfortunately, there is not currently an available setting to disable auto-matching. Therefore, I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Anja
  • cmalberto
    cmalberto Member
    Well poo...was hoping to find out how to do this(turn off auto matching). I am wanting to change the date of the downloaded translation and then match so I can keep my original posting date when falling in a previous match. My CC transactions postings can be a few days off and my bill pay can be even longer.
  • namename
    namename Member
    This is really terrible. The incorrect matching is wreaking havoc with my register, and I now have to go back months and re-reconcile after every sync. Something really broke badly in this area of the product over the last 6 months - we need a way to turn it off!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend you turn off "automatically accept downloaded transactions" for these account registers or globally for all accounts.
    For best results I also recommend you record scheduled reminders in your registers BEFORE you download transactions from the bank which contain transactions for these reminders.

Where are the "Auto-accept downloaded transaction" settings?

There are two places where this is controlled in Quicken for Windows:
     - Globally, for all accounts, in Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions
     - For each account individually, the global setting can be overridden from the Edit Account Details screen, Online Services Tab. Look for blue text "Automatic Entry is: ON / OFF". Click the text to change the setting.

• namename
    namename Member
    There is no such setting for my impacted account. There is no "Automatic Entry is:" selection in the online services tab. It has two sections, one for "Login & Connection" (with connection & auth info), and one for "Transaction downloads" where the only options are to download all transactions, or only those after a specified date.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    namename said:
    There is no such setting for my impacted account. There is no "Automatic Entry is:" selection in the online services tab. It has two sections, one for "Login & Connection" (with connection & auth info), and one for "Transaction downloads" where the only options are to download all transactions, or only those after a specified date.

you're a Mac user, aren't you?
    This discussion is about Quicken for Windows.
    If you could, please start a new, separate discussion, categorized for Q Mac and ask your question again. Someone who knows more about Q Mac will try to help you.
    Sorry, as a Q for Windows user I don't know enough about the Mac to be able to help you.