Accounts from bank are switched but balance is correct

I tried to understand the post on how to say what build and stuff I am using, but I don't understand it. I'm sorry. I have a Windows 10 computer, I downloaded Quicken from the webpage, it is saved to an external drive, I have restarted my computer, and both my computer and Quicken are up to date with downloads.

I was great using Quicken for months, when all of a sudden it wouldn't download any transactions. Turned accounts on/off, deleted and reconnected accounts, created totally new files in Quicken, spent hours with support trying to fix it after it got even more weird they decided it was my bank, spent hours talking to my bank and they said it was Quicken. I gave up for a bit then got mad because I pay for this service. I also need to know how much money I have in the bank! I give up on trying to get the history.

I have now, again, created a new file called trying again. The connection to the bank is there. My savings account has the correct balance under accounts on the left hand side of the screen and at the bottom, but when I click and actually look at the account, all the transactions are from checking (and vice versa with the checking account showing the correct balance but with savings transactions). For example, savings balance is $100, but it shows checking transactions that should end in $200, but the ending balance after the last check is the $100 balance for savings. It looks like the Opening Balance is being forced to make the numbers add up in such a way to get the ending balance to match up to the named account. Any idea how I can correct this so I can go back and add upcoming transactions so I can anticipate how much money I have in my checking account before I write a check? Please?

Answers

• anzalone96
    anzalone96 Member
    I changed the opening balances to make it correct, but don't want to keep working on this until I know it will download correctly from the bank in the future.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @anzalone96,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

You can find your Quicken version and build number by navigating to Help > About Quicken.

In order to better assist you further, could you please provide the name of the financial institution you are connecting to and which connection method you are using to connect (Express Web Connect, Direct Connect or Web Connect .qfx)? You can find your connection method below the account name in parenthesis (see below).

Also, do you recall if there were any pending transactions on the bank's end when you initially added the accounts to Quicken? 

Please, check back and let us know.
    -Quicken Anja
  • anzalone96
    anzalone96 Member
    Thank you!

Year:2020
    Version: R30.21
    Build: 27.1.30.21

Tyndall Federal Credit Union
    Express Web Connect

I do not know if there were any pending transactions.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for providing the requested information.

I just have one more thing I'd like you to check if you don't mind.

Please, right-click each account name in the Account List, then select Edit/Delete Account. The Account Details window will open, and there, you will able to verify which account type is assigned to the account and on the right you can verify the account number (see below).

Please, verify whether or not the account types and the account numbers are correct for each account. 

Check back and let us know what you find, thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • anzalone96
    anzalone96 Member
    It shows Savings as account type Checking.
    It shows Checking as account type Checking.
    My member number is listed, which is different from the MICR.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for checking those details.

If you don't mind, could you please create a new (test) file and try to add the accounts in the new file. Once the connection completes and pulls up the screen showing the list of your accounts found, see if you are given the option to change the account types before completing the process of adding the accounts. 

I'd like to see if applying the correct account types (if given the option to do so) will have any effect on correcting the main issue you are experiencing.
    -Quicken Anja