Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Confirmed Cloud Sync issues with Bill Reminders & Memorized Transactions (Tags & Categories)

I have been experiencing two specific issues with the following transaction types:

1) A specific Bill Reminder transaction for a monthly bill (mortgage payment). The scheduled transaction is split between 3 categories (interest, mortgage, escrow). Consistently, after a One Step Update and Cloud Sync, the Categories for mortgage and escrow are removed from the split transaction (they are blank).

2) Two specific (and locked) Memorized transactions for frequently visited businesses - one is stored as a Split and the other is not. Neither have any Tags but I often add Tags (and Splits) to the transaction when entering into the register. Consistently, after a One Step Update and Cloud Sync, the Memorized transactions appear in the list with a Tag and/or the Split lines removed. The Sync process is changing these Memorized transactions despite them being Locked.

On numerous occasions, I have deleted the transactions and recreated them but the issues remained as soon as One Step Update (with SYNC) completes.

As a test, I disabled SYNC and then performed a One Step Update after ensuring the Memorized transactions and the Reminder transactions were set correctly. After the One Step Update completed, all the transactions in question remained intact and correct. I exited and restarted Quicken and they remained intact as well. A subsequent One Step Update was performed (without Sync) and again, the transactions remained correct.

Given that it appeared the SYNC process is corrupting these transactions, I decided to RESET the Cloud Data and resync. After the reset/resync process completed, I found the following unwanted data changes returned:

1) With the Reminder transactions noted above, two of the categories in the split transaction were now blank again.

2) With the 2 Memorized transactions noted above, the Split was removed from the transaction memorized with a Split, and Tags were added to both.

It is clearly the Cloud Sync process that is changing these transactions and it is not only maddening but makes me question the integrity of the entire process.

I will have to turn off Cloud Sync and leave it off until such a time when the process works properly.

This sort of thing has been my biggest complaint with Quicken for years - quality control. I have burned by faulty releases, had to perform more restores than I care to admit, and have lost plenty of data over the years. I have been using Quicken since 1997 and have updated consistently and loyally.

Answers

• trvwlltrvwll Member
    I have been having the same issue and have followed the same steps.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited January 11
    Hello @dlipetz

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

There is an ongoing issue with information in split transactions being removed during the sync process. This is currently being researched. This has been difficult to recreate in-house; our development team is actively working with customers experiencing the issue to better understand the root cause.

There is no ETA I am able to provide, however, this is a top priority and work is being done as quickly as possible to address this issue.

If you have not done so already, I would recommend navigating to Help > Report a Problem and contribute information to the research of this issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • dlipetzdlipetz Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka - thanks for your response. Three things:

1) I have submitted the "Report a Problem" as you suggested.

2) The "Report a Problem" form is flawed as the "Describe your problem" field does not allow carriage returns so all text must be entered as one single paragraph. I couldn't copy and paste my entry from here without first removing all CRs from the text. This is dumb.

3) If you have a known problem with syncing, don't you think you should advise ALL users that there is a known problem? Wish I had known...

Quicken stability and reliability are paramount.
  • richrich Member ✭✭
    I also (and still for several updates) have this problem