Past Due (unpaid) bills no longer displayed in Bills & Income Projected Balance

I seem to remember that until recently, when I went to the Bills & Income Projected Balance page, bills that hadn't been paid are displayed. Example: I wrote a check for $100 for a bill due 1/1/2021. The check still has not cleared. This past due bill is no longer being displayed in my Projected Balance page. It shows in my Checking Account page as uncleared but it was so useful being able to look at the Projected Balance page and seeing future and past due bills. It's rare that I have a past due bill but it's really helpful to know there must be a problem with a bill that I thought I paid.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31 Accepted Answer
    Hello @Shirley Winkler

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Shirley Winkler  Being marked as "Paid" in Quicken, being cleared by a bank, and being marked as cleared in Quicken are different things.

At the moment you enter a manual check, as far as Quicken is concerned, the expense and decrease in funds has taken place, even though in the real world that doesn't happen until the transaction clears the bank -- and then that is reflected in Quicken by marking the transaction cleared. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Shirley Winkler
    Shirley Winkler Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your response but I swear in the past, if the transaction had not cleared - still has red check-mark, it still appeared in Bills and Income Projected Balance page. I can't find a setting that would keep the red checked transactions on the Bills and Income Projected page.
  • Hello @Shirley Winkler

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was trying to test this on my own but wasn't able to replicate the issue you're having. If you wouldn't mind could we get a screenshot of what the issue looks like. This will give us a bit more information to work with. I'll leave steps on how to screenshot down below.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac#latest

Once you have the chance let us know more details and we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Shirley Winkler
    Shirley Winkler Member ✭✭
    I opened another one of my files and Quicken is acting like I remembered. There is a red check mark on a birthday check I sent with a due date of 1/5/2021. It's now 1/12 2021 and it still hasn't cleared but it IS STILL showing on my Bills & Income projected balance page. But my main Quicken file that I use every day no longer displays it on the B&I page. It does show it on my checking account page but I want it back on my B&I page. I'm guessing I got an update and something went wrong with my main file. I've been trying to open an older file but what a mess.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31 Accepted Answer
    Hello @Shirley Winkler

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • brobbins76
    brobbins76 Member
    same issue, any updates on what caused this?