Biller not working: Great Lakes Student Loans

Quicken allows me to add the biller. But i do not receive bills. Does this biller work? Can Bill Pay payments be made? Thank you

Answers

• Hello @ashalit

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing the online biller profile for Great Lakes and I show that the bill is successfully syncing, however, a bill amount has not been presented to our Service Provider from Great Lakes.

I have taken a look at the overall health of the biller and it is listed as "Degraded" however this is referring to the syncing of the bill and is not impacting everyone.

The payment amount is at a 100% success rate, so you should be able to send a payment. Have you attempted to send a payment and received a message when attempting to do so?

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • ashalit
    ashalit Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka

Thanks for getting back to me.
    Just to ensure that I am not mixing terminology,

1) I do not receive the bill and
    2) I do not receive the bill amount

For months, it just says "Awaiting Next Bill".

I was hesitant to issue a Bill Pay, so I haven't tried that yet.

Thanks
    Aron
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @ashalit,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

I took the liberty of reviewing your account with us and found that on our end you currently have 2 Online Billers shown as added for Great Lakes. Could you please verify whether or not you do in fact have 2 accounts with them added to Quicken?

Please, check back and let us know.
    -Quicken Anja
  • ashalit
    ashalit Member ✭✭
    Hi Anja -

Version R30.21 Build 27.1.30.21

Yes, I have 2 accounts added in Quicken.

Thanks
    Aron
  • Quicken Anja
    edited January 13
    Thank you for confirming that.

And just for clarification before we move forward, I assume you are experiencing this issue with both accounts. Would that be correct?
    -Quicken Anja
  • ashalit
    ashalit Member ✭✭
    That is correct.

And note, I have tried multiple times to remove and add the biller. Always with the same results.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you.

I went ahead and performed an internal refresh on our end. Could you please try refreshing on your end as well to see if that pushed the bill to come through? If not, then please navigate to the Gear-icon on the top-right corner in the Bills & Income tab, and select Validate Online billers from the dropdown (see below).

Once the validation completes, please try refreshing/updating the bill once again.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • ashalit
    ashalit Member ✭✭
    Hi

1. I tried refreshing the bills. Nothing changed.
    2. I ran Validate Billers;
    For 1 account, i then ran refresh. Nothing changed.
    For 1 account, i received the msg below
    "Validate has detected a biller on the server (Great Leaks) which is incomplete or not present locally. If you have selected a subset of the bills available from this biller or you have set this biller up recently and are waiting for the first bill to arrive, click CANCEL.
  • ashalit
    ashalit Member ✭✭
    Wow, now ALL my billers are messed up. Getting messages that there unlinked bills, and my billers are getting deleted.
  • ashalit
    ashalit Member ✭✭
    Ok. So I deleted all my Billers. And started to add one at a time, to test them.
    I added Chase, 2 accounts.
    Here is what is happening:

1. Added Chase Credit Card Biller, 2 accounts
    2. I can see to Accounts, old bills showing, latest balance info showing
    3. Ran Validate Online Billers
    4. Got message "One local bill missing from Server has been unliked:Chase".
    5. As a result, I see that the Biller was dropped for 1st account
    6. Again, Ran Validate Online Billers
    7. Got message "One local bill missing from Server has been unliked:Chase".
    8. As a result, I see that the Biller was dropped for the 2nd account

Something is clearly going on with Billers that have multiple accounts.
    This problem happens with Chase Credit Card and Great Lakes.

Thanks
    Aron
  • Hello @ashalit

Thank you for the response and the additional details, I have reviewed your online biller account for Chase and I show both Chase accounts syncing successfully and do not see any sync errors.

Have you been able to successfully sync Chase or are you still experiencing trouble? As for Great Lakes, I see that the biller has been deleted. May I ask that you please attempt to add the biller so that I may report the biller to our service provider?

Please let me know when this has been completed. 

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • ashalit
    ashalit Member ✭✭
    Hello @Quicken_Tyka

1. Chase Billers - Issue
    a. I can add the 2 Chase Billers. I see balance. But No Bills.
    b. Heres the problem:
    I run Validate Biller. I see NO balance. No Bills (Error msg: Local Bill Missing. Unliked Chase.)
    I then run Refresh. I see balance. No bills.
    I then run Validate Biller. I see NO balance. No Bills. (Error msg: Local Bill Missing. Unliked Chase.)
    I then run Refresh. I see balance. No bills.
    and so on.....

2. I added the Great Lakes again. No Balance. No Bills.

Thank you
    Aron
  • Hello Aron,

Thank you for the additional details and for re-adding the Great Lakes bill once more.

I have gone ahead and reported that you do not receive a bill amount for both Chase and Great Lakes.

Please allow until Monday before attempting to update again. Please let me know if you still do not see a bill amount at that time.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • ashalit
    ashalit Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka

Hi Tyka

Still no bills for Chase nor Great Lakes.

Thanks
    Aron
  • Hello @ashalit

Thank you for the response, I have received a response from our service provider that this issue with Chase and Great Lakes should now be fixed.

Can you please update the bills once more to confirm if you are still experiencing issues?

Please let me know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • ashalit
    ashalit Member ✭✭
    Hi @Quicken_Tyka

I ran the Update Bills. Still no bills showing.

Aron
  • Hello @ashalit

Thank you for the response, although I apologize the issues have not been resolved. Since the last comment, I had reached back out to our service provider.

They stated they do not have any additional steps or an ETA on when these issues will be resolved. They are investigating this issue further.

Unfortunately, we are not able to reach a resolution for these biller issues. I would recommend checking periodically to see if a bill has been populated. In the meantime, these will need to be tracked manually.

I apologize for not having better news.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~