Why are there extraordinary delays in sending checks?

Multiple "Check Pay" payments have been delayed by 3 weeks or more. I am being charged late fees by some payees. Are others experiencing similar delays?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    From the reports I see on here, the answer is yes.

Why anyone would use these services is beyond me.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • stevebroadbent
    stevebroadbent Member ✭✭
    Bobcxtx - You are precisely correct in your comments. The Check Pay lead times for a timely payment are a crab shoot and the new system is a terrible replacement for the prior system. I would like to hear from someone from Quicken on the cause for these delays and the steps being taken to retify the problems.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken pays a third party for this service.  Therefore other than them complaining to that third party service I doubt they can do much of anything.

I would contact Quicken support about your problems.  The moderators might jump in and try to help, but this isn't where you get "official words from Quicken Inc" normally (there have been exceptions, but that is rare).
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
  • Rod H
    Rod H Member ✭✭
    The only reason I purchased Quicken Premier was for the Bill Pay function. I have been deeply disappointed. Prior with the old Quick Bill Payer Service, Quicken took some responsibility for getting checks to our creditors.
  • Bobcxtc
    Bobcxtc Windows Beta Beta
    This now borders on the ABSURD!!! 

I scheduled a payment to a vendor for 1/1/21 delivery.  TO BE SURE THE PAYMENT ARRIVED ON TIME and based on prior payment delays with Check Pay I INITIATED THE PAYMENT ON 12/21/20!!  Even given USPS delivery this should have been plenty of time be plenty of time RIGHT - 9 DAYS TO RPINT AND DLEIVER A CHECK??  WELL, ACTUALLY NO - WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!! 

This AM when I checked my payment status on the vendor website I saw my bill was still UNPAID - now some 22 days post initiation - RIDICULOUS!!  Since I was now WAY PAST DUE I initiated alternative payment which went through IMMEDIATELY.  Just checked the vendor site again AND GUESS WHAT ANOTHER PAYMENT - THE CHECK PAY PAYMENT just showed up - 13 DAYS LATE AND 22 DAYS POST PAYMENT INITIATION!!

I am, after using Quicken for well over 25 years, of the opinion that it is time to research other financial software packages.  I cannot believe how SIMPLY AWFUL Bill Pay is when compared to the now retired Quicken Bill Pay system!!!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13
    You people have way more tolerance than I do.  I would never risk my credit score, not to mention any late fees, for a system like this, and "hope it will get better".
    Signature:
  • Bobcxtc
    edited January 15
    SAME PROBLEM DIFFERENT DATE, DIFFERENT VENDOR!!!

Payment initiated 12/26/20 for a 1/5/21 delivery.  NO PROBLEM - WRONG YET AGAIN!!! Payment cleared my bank on 1/14/21 - THAT WOULD BE SOME 19 DAYS PAST THE INITIATION DATE!!

[Removed-Disruptive/Unhelpful]
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15
    Bobcxtc said:
    [Removed-Disruptive/Unhelpful]
    They can't.  The third part that provided Quicken Bill Pay stopped providing that service.

I strongly recommend you find another way to by your bills.

I personally setup all my bills to be automatically paid from the biller's site, most of them from my credit card that pays me cash back.  This allows me 20 to 30 days to know how much that bill will be and make sure there is enough in my checking account when it is automatically paid.

It is basically what the new Quicken Bill Manager third party is trying to do, but they are trying to do it with a program that logs into to non standard websites.  There is no way it would be a reliable as a human taking the same action.  What's more my bills are just set to be paid when do, I don't try to schedule them one way one month and then another way another month...

The another method would be to find a financial institution that supports paying through Quicken using Direct Connect.

If you can't do that then almost every financial institution allows you to use their website to pay bills.  Yes you have to enter the bill on that site and if you want to predict it in Quicken put in a reminder in Quicken, but at least it is only your financial institution you have to trust to get the bill paid.

And frankly I would go to writing physical checks before I would use Quicken Bill Manager with all the problems it has.
    Signature:
  • stevebroadbent
    stevebroadbent Member ✭✭
    I am grateful for everyone's comments to my initial post on the problems with Bill Manager. I will stop using this month. The delay are too numerous and unpredictable. I just cannot take the chances anymore. I have been a Quicken bill pay customer for well over a decade, but they have lost my business.
  • dianek
    dianek Member ✭✭
    I issued a check to be mailed on 1/7/2021 expecting it to be delivered on time. It still has not cleared the bank! I'm going back to writing checks myself. Worst NEW system and very unreliable!
  • Jay_VW
    Jay_VW Member ✭✭
    I'm seeing ridiculous processing times as well.

1 check sent on 1/15/21 has not arrived. Status says it should have arrived on 2/8, but hasn't shown up in my bank account.

2nd check sent on 1/18/21 and status says it was "printed and sent to US mail"

Time to look for a new service.

This is the worst upgrade I've ever heard of. I've been a Quicken user since 1985 and I'm bailing.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello All,

We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us in the community, although we apologize for the frustration and inconvenience experienced.

Check Pay payments are mailed via USPS and due to postal delays, some payments may be delayed in delivery.

However, the timeframes for delivery shared above do seem excessive, even with the current shipping difficulties being experienced by many companies and consumers and so I have reported your individual experiences to our team for review and further investigation and will update this thread as new information becomes available.

If late fees were incurred due to these delays, and you haven't already, we recommend contacting Quicken Support directly to inquire about a possible reimbursement of the fees.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Jay_VW
    Jay_VW Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Sarah" said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us in the community, although we apologize for the frustration and inconvenience experienced.
    >
    > Check Pay payments are mailed via USPS and due to postal delays, some payments may be delayed in delivery.
    >
    > However, the timeframes for delivery shared above do seem excessive, even with the current shipping difficulties being experienced by many companies and consumers and so I have reported your individual experiences to our team for review and further investigation and will update this thread as new information becomes available.
    >
    > If late fees were incurred due to these delays, and you haven't already, we recommend contacting Quicken Support directly to inquire about a possible reimbursement of the fees.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Sarah

Sarah,

I appreciate your effort in passing these comments on.

Frankly, what is needed is ACTION from Quicken Product Management. This transition has been going on for almost a year now and from what I have seen, there has been nothing but crickets from Quicken PM.

They need to clearly communicate that:

1 - They understand the problems.

2 - They have a plan and are making progress executing it.

3 - There is a timeline to completion.

With out that, you are going to continue to lose customers.
  • Bobcxtc
    A new wrinkle in the process.  The Quick Pay feature has been working OK up until now.  Scheduled a payment to Citibank for 2/22/21 and received notification that the payment could not be processed.  Reloaded the payment and received the same notification. To be sure it was not MY PROBLEM I DEACTIVATED the account and then RESET THE DIRECT CONNECT PARAMETERS. Third attempt and the same RESULT.  Had to resort to a direct debit from my bank account to accomplish the payment and not incur any late fees.  And yet, I have no problems with the account updating on ONE STEP UPDATE using the exact same credentials!! 
    The ongoing problems with QUICKEN'S CURRENT BILL PAYMENT, EITHER CHECK PAY OR QUICK PAY IS OUT OF HAND AND IT IS TIME THAT QUICKEN TOOK SOME DIRECT ACTION to advise the community of users as to what steps are being taken to RECTIFY THE SITUATION!!
  • This is May 10, and I'm still seeing bills paid 2 weeks late or more. Can someone from Quicken identify if and when bill payment dates will become remotely reliable? Please. I've spent hours in research believing I've made mistakes, only to repetitively find that payment dates are simply very, very, late.