One Step Update failure

Using Quicken H&B Canada.

The last few months, my One Step Update has stopped functioning. It goes through the motions of connecting to my various bank accounts and credit cards (three separate institutions) and the OSU summary shows the correct online balances for the various accounts, but it doesn't download transactions.

I've backed up and restored the file, done File Validation, Resetting the account and tried deactivating and reactivating Express Web Connect for the accounts (a time consuming process since each account must be done individually and Quicken is horribly slow).

At first the deactivating and reactivating strategy worked but it doesn't seem to anymore.

I'm so frustrated with Quicken. I've been using it 20+ years and honestly I feel like I'm married to it now and can't quit. But it's giving me so much grief these days I'm ready to throw in the towel.

Anyway if anyone has suggestions here I'm all ears. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Chris11

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Being that you're experiencing multiple issues in your file overall -- It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Studpup
    Studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID & Cloud, click sign in as different user, but enter your same credentials. Do One Step update again, and you'll probably see your missing transactions. I wasn't getting transactions but the online balance was updating successfully, that's fixed it for me. Deactivate/Reactivate works best if you're not getting balance or transactions.
    I'm not a quicken employee, just trying to be a helpful pup!
  • Chris11
    Chris11 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Studpup said:
    > Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID & Cloud, click sign in as different user, but enter your same credentials. Do One Step update again, and you'll probably see your missing transactions. I wasn't getting transactions but the online balance was updating successfully, that's fixed it for me. Deactivate/Reactivate works best if you're not getting balance or transactions.

Thanks. Tried that and also made a copy of my Quicken file and tried it on that too but no dice. OSU still showing successful update and says "7 accounts updated, 16 new transactions" but when I click on the "7 accounts updated" hyperlink to look at the individual accounts, all the accounts say "No transactions downloaded, No transactions to review". But, the online account balance for each account is correct.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Chris11

Thank you for the response and the additional details. First, please save a backup before following the next step.

Please hold down F4 and selecting Help > About Quicken and provide the connection method being used. FDS or QCS?

Once you have made a note of the Connection Channel, please choose "Change Channel."

Once the Channel has been changed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Chris11
    Chris11 Member ✭✭✭
    OK I checked and I was at QCS. I changed to FDS, closed the dialog box and ran OSU. No effect on downloading my transactions. So I rechecked and it was back to QCS again. So I switched back to FDS, closed the dialog box, reopened it and it was back to QCS again. There doesn't appear to be a way for it to stick on FDS.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Chris11

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Being that you're experiencing multiple issues in your file overall -- It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco