My online balance is not correct

My online balances have not updated since January 6. It is current on transactions but not reconciling correctly because of the incorrect online balance. It has worked correctly up to this point.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @rcanen,

Can you provide some additional information to help us understand the problem?  What's the name of the financial institution?  When you attempt to update the account, do you receive an error code, and if so, what is the code?  Are all transactions in the account cleared (i.e. - are there any blanks in the Clr column)?

Get back to us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • rcanen
    rcanen Member
    It's at least two of my accounts (Stockman Bank of Montana, Chase amazon visa) as they are the only ones with transactions to be reconciled. No, I do not get an error code. The transactions are downloading from Stockman and Chase and marked "c" but the online balance is not updating. It's stuck on January 6. I've restarted my computer and Quicken. Quicken did update recently to R30.21 Build 27.1.30.21.
  • Hello @rcanen

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. Recently someone else was having this issue as well and it looks like they were able to solve this by deactivating and reactivating the account  I'll leave steps below on how to do so.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://www.quicken.com/support/reactivating-deactivated-account

Once you've done this let us know how it goes! Depending what you're able to find we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• rcanen
    rcanen Member
    Thanks for the reply. I deactivated and activated the accounts following the steps provided. I tried multiple times and it appeared to be successful, but then on the account list on the left of the screen there is a crossed out circle symbol and when I hover over it, I'm told that Quicken is unable to update your account. I did this with the Stockman accounts as well as the Chase account just to be sure it wasn't just a Stockman issue. I'm unsure what to try next.
  • rcanen
    rcanen Member
    I'm also getting a cc-800 error when I try to do the update.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @rcanen,

Thanks for the update. Based on information for other community members having similar issues, I would suggest that you first close Quicken and restart your computer.  Once you restart and then open Quicken, if you are still getting the CC-800 error message and are still having the issues you described above - try the deactivate and reactivate process one more time.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • rcanen
    rcanen Member
    Thanks for the continued help. I did as you requested and I am still getting the CC-800 error on those accounts. Any other suggestions?
  • Hello @rcanen

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I apologize that the trouble continues to persists.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jodmarch
    jodmarch Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the info @Quicken Francisco Couple of notes:

> @Quicken Francisco said:

> Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

I'm hoping that you do not mean what you wrote. I assume that you mean not deactivating any account, but only deactivating online connection as in the article linked, and not "all" accounts, but only the mis-behaving accounts.

With that tentative understanding, I tried this (including restarting Quicken several times along the way), but it did not help. The online balance on Amazon Visa has not changed. I then tried a reset but that made no difference.

For what it's worth, I have had no such problem with another Chase Visa account.

I will try contacting support as suggested by @Quicken_Tyka
  • jodmarch
    jodmarch Member ✭✭
    Update -- I contacted quicken support. They tried to help (nice "Super-validate" hidden option under the File Operations menu) but it made no difference. I'm beginning to suspect that Chase is not providing the correct balance to Quicken or at least that they are no longer handshaking correctly. I get no connection / transfer errors at any point in this operation -- all the transactions are downloaded correctly.
  • Randye
    Randye Member
    I'm having the same problem. Given that this identical problem is being reported by hundreds of people, may I suggest that the real problem is not for each user to waste their time calling quicken (about an hour hold time), but rather for Quicken to fix the glitch in their software that is causing this problem for many many people..