"Edit this instance" changes vanish

I edit an upcoming credit card payment to reflect the amount due this month and date it will be paid. After a while it reverts to the default payment. I have been unable to identify a single triggering event that causes the regression. I have Validated the file after making the change but still, some future time when I launch Quicken my edit is lost. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions on how to debug?

Running Quicken for Windows R30.21 (though this has been happening through a couple of patches) under Windows 10 20H2.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I have experienced this, and yes I think it is a bug.  What I think works is if you change the date slightly.  But let me clarify one thing.  If that reminder is connected to an Online Bill, the Online Bill takes over the next instance's date and amount, and so you should expect it to change (and not always to the right amount, some times it does things like set it to a zero amount).
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Papoon
    Papoon Windows Beta Beta
    edited January 13
    I download transactions using one-step update but do not let Quicken set the amount due for the next bill (I tried that feature several releases ago and found it far too buggy to keep using).

Instead, I have a manually created recurring bill (so the default amount is never correct) for each credit card. When I get a statement I reconcile the account in Quicken and "Edit this instance" of the recurring bill to reflect the new amount and date due. It is this "next payment due" that spontaneously and unpredictably reverts to the default amount and date.
  • I have the same problem with credit card payments and other bills. At first I thought it had to do with them being linked to online billers so I removed all linking and it still happened where the amount would revert to the default and the due date would jump up a day.

Very unpredictable and frustrating. Best I can tell it is caused by some combination of running a one-step update then "Edit this instance" then running another one-step update.

Most reliable method I've found when anything reverts is to close Quicken, re-open, make all your "Edit this instance" changes, and then run a one-step update.
  • Papoon
    Papoon Windows Beta Beta
    2-1/2 months later I'm up to v32.10 with the same erratic behavior. I've kept a log of my uses of Quicken to identify when it happens (but I'm never 100%); however, I've gotten awfully close. Yesterday at 5:25p local, the 3 credit cards that consistently give me problems -- Barclay, Chase, and Citi -- all had the correct amounts and due dates. Today, 27 hours later, I launch quicken and before running OSU or doing anything else I find all 3 accounts have reverted to the wrong due day (i.e., one day earlier than they should be) and the the wrong amounts (i.e., the amounts I have set as recurring payments that I can override each month).

I've had trouble syncing with the Citicard account for a couple of days, so it didn't even make a successful connection yesterday or today (which argues against my theory these were somehow getting reset after a One Step Update connection to the CC site).

Other bills that I have overridden (e.g., gas and electric), but which do not sync to an online site, have not reverted in dates or amounts.
This discussion has been closed.