R31.xx - scrolling issue with new update?

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @prine2020 & @John Rocke and everyone else following this thread,

I apologize for any confusion, to clarify, the R31.6 HF1 release is targeted at resolving another reported scrolling issue in where the register scroll was unresponsive for Users who use the right-mouse key to scroll, as discussed here.

The teams are still investigating the scrolling issues reported in this thread and have some additional questions for Users who are experiencing this behavior:
    • How many transactions are in the affected register(s)?
    • Is this behavior seen in both the single and double-line register mode?
    • Which options are selected in the Windows Settings > Devices > Mouse settings?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭
    To answer your questions...
    1) I have registers with a few dozen and registers with hundreds of transactions.
    2) In double line registers the click on the arrows skip over more than a page. In single line registers the scroll is about four lines but it is very sensitive to speed of clicking.
    3) I am not using the mouse wheel to scroll but in Windows 8.1 I have it set to scroll 3 lines at a time.
  • prine2020
    prine2020 Member ✭✭
    My performance is exactly the same as John Rocke's.
    I am using Windows 10.0.19041
    I also use a touchpad - no mouse - on a Surface Laptop
  • prine2020
    prine2020 Member ✭✭
    > @prine2020 said:
    > My performance is exactly the same as John Rocke's.
    > I am using Windows 10.0.19041
    > I also use a touchpad - no mouse - on a Surface Laptop

Forgot to add that my mouse settings are identical to John's
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    prine2020 said:
    Has anyone tried R31.6 to see if this issue is really fixed?
    The release notes are very exact in what they say. The ONLY thing changed was to fix the problem where if you use the right mouse button as your primary button the problem where Quicken will do nothing on such a click in the scrollbar has been fixed.

It says nothing about fixing any other problem.

I'm sure this is a matter of priorities.  "no scrolling at all" beats out "doesn't scroll the amount it should".  This is the thread of the problem that was fixed.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20147405
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • prine2020
    prine2020 Member ✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > The release notes are very exact in what they say. The ONLY thing changed was to fix the problem where if you use the right mouse button as your primary button the problem where Quicken will do nothing on such a click in the scrollbar has been fixed.
    >
    > It says nothing about fixing any other problem.
    >
    > I'm sure this is a matter of priorities.  "no scrolling at all" beats out "doesn't scroll the amount it should".  This is the thread of the problem that was fixed.
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20147405

Understood. Thanks
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    To answer your questions...
    1) I have registers with a few dozen and registers with hundreds of transactions.
    2) In double line registers the click on the arrows skip over more than a page. In single line registers the scroll is about four lines but it is very sensitive to speed of clicking.
    3) I am not using the mouse wheel to scroll but in Windows 8.1 I have it set to scroll 3 lines at a time.
    My experience is similar but multiple page movement occurs in both single and double line registers.  Also, it is not consistent, clicking the up arrow twice and the down arrow twice will not return to the same spot.  It does not seem to be a function of register size; there are inconsistent jumps in either 50 line or 2000 line registers.

As far as clicking of the scroll bar itself, this seems to work in the proportional mode.
    Clicking close to, but above or below the slide, will move one page in that direction.  Clicking midway on the bar jumps to that general area of the register.

Also, I have a touch pad and do not use a mouse/wheel.  I am still using R31.5
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • SalvadorR
    SalvadorR Member
    Sarah, 

1) I do have over 50 accounts, with a lot transactions since summer ´97
    my scrolling issue is in the register log of each account;

2) double-line register mode

3) not using a mouse

4) Quicken windows version running in a Mac via Parallels

• CXXX
    CXXX Member
    1. My main register has 1600 entries, several others are 1000+
    2. All are double line registers.  I use a laptop, and one click to the arrow moves 67 entries per click; which is 6 pages!  one click to the scroll bar move 201 entries per click which is 17 pages.  
    One click to the arrow should move a few lines on the same page. One click to the scroll bar should move ONE page.
    3. My mouse settings are exactly like your picture which I believe is the default.
    I'm going to roll back to R30.21 until resolved, the register is not usable except by arrow keys.
  • sheiksan
    sheiksan Member ✭✭
    Standard Windows behavior is to scroll a page at a time when clicking IN the scrollbar and one line at a time when clicking ON the arrows at each end.  The current version scrolls one page at a time in either case.  Unacceptable - please fix this.
  • rg313320
    rg313320 Member
    Placing the cursor on the up or down marker on the vertical scroll column causes the view to move one full screen at a time. Placing the cursor only on the vertical scroll column itself causes the pages to scream by at light speed. This does not happen on any of the help or support screens nor on any other application.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Edit: comment about beta accidentally made outside beta forum.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • CaptainPops
    CaptainPops Member
    The scroll bar is not working in register after latest update. using up/down arrow should move one entry at a time. That is how it works in other windows in Quicken, like accounts etc. this is a change. The scroll wheel works to move one transaction at a time. As is now there is no difference between using up and down arrow and clicking on open parts of scroll bar.
  • johnroldan
    johnroldan Member ✭✭
    This issue with uncontrolled scrolling is creating matching issues when verifying downloaded items. Please address this frustration. This is NOT a right-mouse button issue.
  • Craig Vorwald
    Craig Vorwald Member ✭✭
    I would agree. My main account has over 15,000 entries, and now scrolling is taking me all over the place. I was fine with it as before, but now it is out of control.
    Quicken user since 1995...
  • Todd Hecht
    Todd Hecht Member
    I am a long-time Quicken user and I agree with many of the other user comments in this thread. Before the latest update, I could scroll my account easily by pushing on open space on the scrollbar and it would scroll a page at a time, while the arrows would scroll a transaction at a time. Now both functions scroll dozens of transactions at a time making it nearly impossible to scroll (up and down arrow keys also problematic since it will tend to alter the transaction you're clicked on). I went into my Windows Scroll settings and dialed it as low as it goes and it didn't solve the problem. I tried to use Splasher's patch from 1/21/2021 (https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.30.21MPatch.EXE) but this only triggered an error message: Could not parse the URL "\AppData\Local\Temp\IXP000.TMP\current/wyserver.wys" - it's either malformed or is an unknown protocol. I'd be grateful to simply revert to the last version before the update until Quicken fixes this scrolling bug.
  • bmbass
    bmbass Member ✭✭
    My Windows mouse setting match the picture above. All my registers have 100s of entries. For one single-line register (an investment account), I am seeing the arrows move one line and clicking in the bar one page. However, in another single-line register (a credit card), I see inconsistent behavior (sometimes clicking the arrow moves about 5 entries and clicking in the bar moves several pages). For my 2-line registers, clicking the arrow moves PAGES and clicking in the bar move MONTHS.
  • Mayorsat
    Mayorsat Member
    Quicken, please, take scrolling back to where it was before the most recent update. Your current scrolling is a pain!
  • SalvadorR
    SalvadorR Member
    I reverted to release R30.21after four days of frustations with R31.5

It works beautifully regarding the scrolling issue
  • bradco12
    bradco12 Member
    > @splasher said:
    > Hey guys, if you want to revert to R30.21, download, save and execute this patch release: https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.30.21MPatch.EXE

This has worked for me. Question is how do I control (delay) future upgrades until this scroll issue is fixed? ... they have always installed right away on start up. I don't see the setting to delay an upgrade. Thank you-
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @bradco12
    Easy, change the Windows UAC setting so that it has to ask your permission for a program to change a program (like a patch release).

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    SalvadorR said:
    I reverted to release R30.21after four days of frustations with R31.5

It works beautifully regarding the scrolling issue
    Were there any new issues remaining when you reverted to R30.21.  I noticed the R31.5 update went through a data file update when starting.  Wasn't sure that the updated data file would work smoothly with the previous version.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • There are quicken components currently open, and can not be uninstalled. Please close quicken, and try uninstalling again. I get this error every time I try to down load transactions from my banks. It started on 01/17/2021
  • SalvadorR
    SalvadorR Member
    For jrich75

I haven´t experienced any issue, however I do recognize usage is minimum after reverting; my only concern with R31.5 was the scrolling, it causes waste of time and frustration while working with Quicken

Please get a back-up of your data file, just in case anything goes wrong in the reverting process
  • P J
    P J Member
    They really need to fix this ASAP. The scrolling going back 3 months instead of 1 transaction is extremely annoying. Very irritating.
  • BarryGraham
    BarryGraham Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Has anyone reported this as a bug?
    Barry Graham
    Quicken H&B Subscription
  • tm2
    tm2 Member
    > @"Michael Buff" said:
    > There are quicken components currently open, and can not be uninstalled. Please close quicken, and try uninstalling again. I get this error every time I try to down load transactions from my banks. It started on 01/17/2021

I am getting the same issue when trying to download from my bank. reverted to to R30.21 and it fixed the scrolling issue, but not the download problem. Any ideas?
  • Winter001
    Winter001 Member ✭✭
    Quicken, you need to fix this scrolling issue.

I ended up reverting back to release R30.21, but this is something I should not have had to do.
  • RonPitts57
    RonPitts57 Member
    I am on R31.6 and experiencing same issues (just upgraded Friday and used for first time this morning). Clicking on scroll arrows moves random number of pages up where in the past it scrolled one transaction at a time. I can use mouse scroll wheel to scroll one transaction at a time but used the arrows often. Please fix ASAP.
  • mnsandler
    mnsandler Member
    I've installed the patch but there are still issues. i have the most issues with my registry that has most transactions.
    - clicking&holding on the scroll bar doesn't always activate scrolling and scroll to the location clicked.
    -Dragging the dark grey scroll box does work now.
    - clicking the top and bottom arrows doesn 't always work.

the patch does fix some of the previous issues where nothing worked.
This discussion has been closed.