Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

One Step Update Erratic since Ver R30.21

One Step Update goes through the motions but not always getting data. Last Download Information used to always show current date even when no new transactions or activity downloaded. Now it doesn't change. Having problem with both checking and Credit Card accounts. Anyone else having problems?
Tagged:

Comments

• jimmcd01
    jimmcd01 Member ✭✭
    Yes. OSU goes through the motions, and shows updated on Accounts List, but transactions that cleared the financial institution several days ago are not downloaded.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Sjoec398 and @jimmcd01

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Does this issue occur for every bank/account or just specific ones? 

Also, there have been recent backend changes to how the program downloads. There is an ongoing Idea available here. Does this describe the issue that you are experiencing?

To avoid any repetition, what steps have you tried to resolve this issue so far? This will help us know where to start.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • JeremyG
    JeremyG Member ✭✭
    I am having this issue too. It is only for some credit cards. It has been going on since Summer time, and I have missed Credit Card payments because Quicken doesnt show any errors, but it does not show a balance.
  • JeremyG
    JeremyG Member ✭✭
    Specifically this has happened on Macy's CC, Target CC, and TJMaxx CC
  • JeremyG
    JeremyG Member ✭✭
    No error listed, and it says "Account Updated"...but no transactions are downloaded, and the "last update time" does not change. (The reason the last update is blank is because I unlinked and re-linked the online credentials trying to fix it. When it first started happening it had a date from the last download that "worked")
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @JeremyG,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and adding to this discussion to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

When you deactivated and reactivated the accounts, did you reactivate through Setup Now or through Add Account? If you haven't already, I suggest that you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Setup Now).

If needed, please follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, proceed to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • JeremyG
    JeremyG Member ✭✭
    I have done EVERYTHING i could think of.

I have "reset" the account....disconnected, then reconnected....completely deleted the account and then re-added it.

It always goes through all the verification steps, but then I never get any transactions.
  • Quicken Anja
    @JeremyG Thanks for the update.

In that case, then if you haven't already, I suggest you try switching from the QCS channel to the FDS channel. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Hold down F4 on your keyboard and select Help > About Quicken
    2. Let go of the F4 key once the Quicken connection channel window opens and click Change channel on the screen that pops up if it shows you are currently using the QCS channel (see below).

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • JeremyG
    JeremyG Member ✭✭
    ok....but what does that mean?
  • JeremyG
    JeremyG Member ✭✭
    Ok so that worked. and I just read an article that said FDS is being phased out. Does that mean one day this will stop working again?
  • Quicken Anja
    Yes, however, we do not have an ETA on when that will be.

Once the switch to QCS becomes fully implemented, the switch should take place automatically, and there should not be any further action required on your end.
    -Quicken Anja
  • cambos
    cambos Member
    I just updated to the new version and the system was asking for a password on an inactive account during One Step Update multiple times. I cancelled each time and when completed, my checking account is all messed up. There are multiple uncleared/unmatched deductions during the last four years I now have to go through individually to get matched up. I ended up restoring from my most recent backup and the program was running extremely slow. I then closed and started the program and it seems to be running good now. I believe this problem has to do with your new cloud sync. It seems to be pulling in transactions from the cloud that should not be there.
  • JeremyG
    JeremyG Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Yes, however, we do not have an ETA on when that will be.
    >
    > Once the switch to QCS becomes fully implemented, the switch should take place automatically, and there should not be any further action required on your end.

So at that point...quicken will be more or less useless to me if my credit card transactions arent downloadable.

Is this for real?
  • Quicken Anja
    JeremyG said:
    So at that point...quicken will be more or less useless to me if my credit card transactions arent downloadable. 
    Please, keep in mind that QCS is still in the process of being integrated.

Any issues that customers are experiencing with QCS now are not only being reported but also worked on so those issues can and will be resolved before FDS becomes fully unsupported.

Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Sjoec398
    Sjoec398 Member
    Changing QCS to FDS did work, so now my on-line bank balances are showing correctly, and the last update date is also showing whether or not there were transactions. Yeah!

Not happy to think that suddenly what's working now could stop working, but such is this day of rapid electronic change.
  • Quicken Anja
    @Sjoec398 thank you for checking in and letting us know what worked for you! I'm glad to hear that resolved your issue.
    -Quicken Anja
  • JeremyG
    JeremyG Member ✭✭
    So while all my accounts seem to be updating now, Quicken will no longer remember my passwords for Macy's CC or Vanguard 401k account.

I enter the passwords and click the SAVE button, but every time I restart quicken, those passwords are no longer saved.
  • Quicken Anja
    @JeremyG Thanks for the update and additional information.

For the password saving issue, I suggest you try creating a copy of your data file in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. Then, try to Validate your data file in the copied file by following the steps below. However, I do recommend that you also Save a backup of your data file first before trying these steps (just in case).
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Leave the presets as is and click OK
    5. Wait for the copy procedure to complete
    6. Select New Copy and click OK                                                                              
    7. Once the newly copied file opens, navigate back to the File menu
    8. Select File Operations
    9. Validate and Repair...
    10. Select Validate file
    11. Click OK
    12. Close the Data Log
    13. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    14. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    You can also try to Super validate the copied file by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard while selecting Validate and Repair... (step 9) which will give you the option to Super validate file instead of Validate file.

If this does not resolve the issue, you can either switch back to your original file or restore the backup you saved prior to performing the above troubleshooting instructions (both the original and backup files should remain unaffected by the steps performed in the copied file).

Follow the steps below to switch back to your original file
    :
    1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
  • Oscar1954
    Oscar1954 Member
    I was having problems with OneStep Update failing. Turned out the problem was with the Cloud Sync to use the phone ap. Turned off the Cloud Sync and OneStep began working.

Then I noticed that the online balances were not updating and found out that not all the transactions were downloading. I did the switch from QCS to FDS and that fixed the transaction downloading and online balance problems.

Quicken should be a more diligent in their update releases. Quicken should not issue version updates with these types of bugs. While there still is diversity in peoples personal banks, but not much, credit cards are issued by only 7 banks. How hard is it to test that Quicken OneStep works properly downloading and updating credit card accounts from 7 banks?

To release a Revision that has these fundamental issues of missing transactions and not updating balances is not acceptable. These issues should have been resolved before the update is released.

This erodes customer confidence in the program.