Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Ihave Quicken 2015 on a Win 10, all was well 12/12/20. On 1/11/21, all my 2020 entries disappeared.

I assume there was a Win 10 conflict. If I buy the latest Quicken Deluxe, will it safely retrieve all data left in the Quicken 2015 files and remove the old Quicken

Best Answer

• TerryBridges
    TerryBridges Member
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you, UKR and splasher

I printed a paper copy of all 2020 entries on 12/12/2020 and all of my 2020 entries are on it, so I am sure it was there on that date.

I have set the filter to all and to only 2020. Same results.

I made two backups in 2020. When I found the problem, I restored from the last backup.
    The backup was also missing all entries made in 2020, it showed data from 2014 thru 2019.
    Quicken 2015 does not normally work with Win 10, so I had a Tech make corrections last year and it all appeared to work fine. I assume
    that there is still a problem with it being in Win 10 and I first saw the trouble after a Win 10 update.
    I have bought the Quicken Deluxe 2021. I just couldn't take a chance. I will do like you said. I will also make
    backups on a flash drive.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it should, but don't you have a backup of the data file, either made by Quicken or a Windows backup program?
    If you don't have a backup, let this be a painful lesson to routinely make backups.  Thumbdrives are cheap, get two and alternate between them when making backups.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Before you bite the bullet and buy a new Quicken version ...

Filtered register? Unexpected register sort order? "Missing" data?

Please review https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7181795/faq-register-messed-up-missing-transactions-or-not-showing-transactions-as-it-used-to

To answer your question:
    Yes, provided that the data file is still complete and in good working order, it will convert and be usable in the latest Quicken version.
    If you have investment accounts or other than basic banking accounts in your data file, convert to Quicken Deluxe. The cheaper Starter Edition won't support advanced account types and functions.
  • TerryBridges
    TerryBridges Member
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you, UKR and splasher

I printed a paper copy of all 2020 entries on 12/12/2020 and all of my 2020 entries are on it, so I am sure it was there on that date.

I have set the filter to all and to only 2020. Same results.

I made two backups in 2020. When I found the problem, I restored from the last backup.
    The backup was also missing all entries made in 2020, it showed data from 2014 thru 2019.
    Quicken 2015 does not normally work with Win 10, so I had a Tech make corrections last year and it all appeared to work fine. I assume
    that there is still a problem with it being in Win 10 and I first saw the trouble after a Win 10 update.
    I have bought the Quicken Deluxe 2021. I just couldn't take a chance. I will do like you said. I will also make
    backups on a flash drive.
This discussion has been closed.