I have a question about the XFINITY bill syncing issue.

I have the XFINITY issue bookmarked: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7881655/ongoing-11-29-20-xfinity-bill-syncing-issues#latest

I can set up XFINITY as an online bill, but it will not pass online validation. Is this the issue; is this another symptom of the issue; or am I dealing with something else?
Quicken Premier R33.24
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
USA

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15
    Hello @virbert

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. The original alert has been resolved, and I have updated the post to reflect this, I apologize for any confusion.

I would like to take a look at the online biller profile for your account to further research the issue that you are experiencing.

May I ask that you please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. Once there, please hold "Ctrl" and select "Edit Dataset Name" then provide the last digits of the dataset ID.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭
    Hi @Quicken_Tyka,

I do not have a choice to edit the dataset name. The choices presented are to "Update Profile" and "Sign in as a different user".
    Quicken Premier R33.24
    USA
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    edited January 16
    There is a post from Quicken_Tyka that the Xfinity issue is resolved. Is it working with two-step authentication enabled with Xfinity?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @virbert

Thank you for the response, can you instead provide the name of the datafile? This will help me to locate the file that houses the Xfinity biller.

Hello @GIWalt

Thank you for the question. The connectivity for the bill has been fixed, however, I do not have any further details regarding the 2-step verification. Are you encountering issues when attempting to sync while  2-step verification is enabled?

Please let me know so that I may investigate further to help get an answer!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    Quicken Tyka, don't know about 2-step verification yet. Xfinity appears to be connected/linked in Quicken but my Xfinity bill usually arrives later in the month. I reactivated 2-step so we will see. I will post if there is any issue when the bill arrives later this month.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    Woke up this AM and my mobile device had message with security code from Xfinity. I opened Quicken and Xfinity was no longer linked and needed to be relinked. Tried doing so and went into the enter name and password, then enter security code, then enter name and password, then enter security code loop. Tried deactivating two-step and was able connect without issue in Quicken. So, two-step appears to still be an issue. Quicken Tyka, when you posted elsewhere that Xfinity was now fixed, precisely what was fixed?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17
    Hello @GIWalt

Thank you for testing me and letting me know the result. The connectivity for the bill has been fixed, meaning that the bill is now listed as "Healthy" and is experiencing fewer errors.

I have gone ahead and reported this issue that you are experiencing. Please allow 48 hours and attempt to connect again and let me know the results.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka 
    ~~~***~~~
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    Thank you Quicken Tyka. As a general rule, what is the normal, expected behavior of a biller with 2-step authentication? My assumption is that when linking one needs to input the authentication code the first time the biller is linked but not after that. Is that how it should work?
  • virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭
    edited January 20
    Hi @Quicken_Tyka,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. My data file is named Rob.

Edit for additional information. I tried a test file and established the Xfinity bill in the test file. It was a two-step process to establish the bill. The Xfinity bill was in the state of "Needs Attention" after the online biller steps were completed. I clicked the "Try Again" button and a dialog screen was presented asking me to choose the Xfinity account it had found by checking a box (there was only one account presented). The Xfinity bill completed successfully after selecting the account. I validated the online biller and it passed validation.

For my current datafile "Rob," I can establish the Xfinity bill up to the "Needs Attention" state. At this point, the experience differs. Clicking on "Try Again" neither provides a dialog box to choose an account nor moves the state to something other than "Needs Attention." Running validation of online billers results in a message box claiming "One local bill missing from server has been unlinked: XFINITY."

So one biller, two files, two different experiences.
    Quicken Premier R33.24
    USA
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @virbert

Thank you for the response and the additional details. 

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the original data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭
    Hi @Quicken_Tyka,

I use Quicken almost daily. It's habit for me to make a backup, validate the file, super validate the file, and then make another backup, before closing the program. The file is clean as far as the tools report.

After reading some posts I found on the community, I messed around with a copy of my datafile. I eliminated the online billers as I mistakenly thought that this would only affect the test file. I went back to the daily data file and found the online bills in a weird state. I cleared them out and re-built the list. The Xfinity bill gave me a problem at first when trying to establish it; but upon re-trying, it established itself, and the online billers passed validation (except the Gap Visa bill run through Synchrony bank). The Xfinity biller issues appears to be resolved at the moment. I reserve the right to whine if it comes back.

For all I know, it might have something to do with going to build 31.5 from build 30.21.
    Quicken Premier R33.24
    USA
  • whitelight
    whitelight Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    quicken has had issues with xfinity since the move to bill manger, have not used quicken for 3 month to pay xfinty due "connection issues". tried to add xfinity to my online billers today. same issues. my id and password that don't work in quicken work fine on the xfinity web. called quicken support today- their response call xfinity its their issue. 6 months its an issue- quicken says its resolved months ago, then please resolve it with my account!
  • dan5
    dan5 Member ✭✭
    Quicken has not worked with xfinity for me once. the first time I tried it, it added it and let me pay the bill, but it failed on the day it was due. So I was late paying the bill. So I deleted and try to re-add the biller every month. It asks me for the two factor authentication multiple times, but it never works in successfully gettting the bill. I only have one e -that does work and its my utility provider and this month it failed on the day it was due. All of these bills pay just fine through my little local credit unions electronic bill pay. I am not sure why QBM can't figure it out, if a tiny local credit union can with their free service? I am sticking with paying with check pay through QBM or my credit union for most, but having to do the double entry is super annoying and one of the reasons I have used quicken for so many years before QBM. On the plus side all the check pays I do seem to work just fine through QBM. Maybe quicken should make all check pay free until they get the electronic bills to pay correctly?
  • virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭
    edited March 30
    The issue with Xfinity, which had prompted my first post in this thread on Jan 15, has returned. The end result of the Xfinity bill syncing issue is the same as that of the Citi bill syncing issue. They both complete in the "Needs Attention" state after completing the "Add New Bill->Online Bill" task, and they both fail to pass the "Validate Online billers" test.

Citi is an open issue. Should Xfinity be an open issue as well?
    Quicken Premier R33.24
    USA
  • virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭
    edited April 9
    This post is an update on my recent problem with establishing Xfinity as an online bill. I created a new test file and tried adding Xfinity as an online bill. The usual observation of a longer than usual period to authenticate and bill sync had me anticipating failure. It failed, but not in the usual way. I was anticipating the bill being flagged as "Needs Attention," but Quicken didn't recognize it as needing attention. Instead, it failed to add cleanly in a different way. It complained about the biller being added but no new bill was available and suggested that I try again. I followed the suggestion and clicked on "Try Again." After it came back from trying again, the bill was added to the list. But this outcome was deceptive as the bill failed the "Validate Online billers" test. A reminder was generated, but I had no other account set up, so I could not readily edit the reminder. I established a checking account in the test file which allowed me to edit the reminder. The reminder allows you to link the reminder to an online bill. I tried this option and was successful. Xfinity quickly authenticated and synced.

This same procedure worked on my main file. For whatever reason, establishing the online bill through the reminder is different than establishing through the BILLS & INCOME->Bills page.
    Quicken Premier R33.24
    USA