Bill due dates often shift to one day earlier when syncing with the Web

For some time now, a number of my manual bill due dates (all of my bills are manual) have been displaying as due one day earlier than they are, both on my calendar and my register. This only happens after a sync. If I go to edit that individual bill reminder instance, the due date will show correctly in the resulting modal window. If I then hit the save button, the due date will now show correctly both on my calendar and my register.

I've tried deleting my synced data and resyncing but that doesn't solve the issue. The only way to avoid the problem has been to, unfortunately, not sync and therefore not use the Web and Mobile clients.

I am currently running Quicken Deluxe 2020 for Windows, version R30.21, build 27.1.30.21. My OS is Windows 10 version 10.0.19042.746.

Is this a known issue? Is there a work-around?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 16
    Hello @EvaUnit02,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, I would just like to gain some clarification first in order to better assist you further.

You mentioned that you have tried "deleting your synced data and resyncing" - did you delete your synced data by performing a cloud reset through preferences in your current data file, or by deleting the Cloud Account through a different data file, then returning to your current data file and resyncing? 

Please, check back and let us know.
    -Quicken Anja
  • EvaUnit02
    EvaUnit02 Member
    I had performed a cloud reset through preferences in my current data file. Afterward, when I logged in to the Web client, I had no data, which I assumed was verification that it was deleted.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for clarifying that.

Since, unfortunately, performing a cloud reset through preferences failed to resolve the issue for you, next, I suggest you try manually resetting your cloud data by creating a test file and deleting your main data file's cloud account from that test file. After that, you would attempt to resync your main data file which should then create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file).

Before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, you will then need to sign out of the Quicken Mobile/Web app(s), and on your desktop program, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Instructions and open the blue dropdown section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Instructions and open the blue dropdown section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Once your main file opens, resync your data by navigating to Mobile & Web > Cloud Sync (see below).

If successful, see if this resolved the issue. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • EvaUnit02
    EvaUnit02 Member
    Unfortunately, I don't see a Cloud Account Details section, either before creating a new *.qdf file nor after. All I see is this: https://i.imgur.com/gjWV3pZ.png
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    EvaUnit02 said:
    Unfortunately, I don't see a Cloud Account Details section, either before creating a new *.qdf file nor after. All I see is this: https://i.imgur.com/gjWV3pZ.png
    The Cloud Account Details section will not appear unless Sync is On: select Edit > Preferences... and Mobile & Web
  • EvaUnit02
    EvaUnit02 Member
    Thanks. I did that and then followed Quicken Anja's advice. Unfortunately, it still alters the due dates of some bills.
  • EvaUnit02
    EvaUnit02 Member
    I have noticed that the link, "Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID" Shows one more account in parenthesis than it displays in the modal that appears when you click it. For example, in following Quicken Anja's advice, it showed "(3)" but the modal only displayed my main account and the test account I had created.
  • Quicken Anja
    @EvaUnit02 Thank you for trying those steps and following up to provide an update, though I'm sorry to hear that issue continues to persist.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided have failed thus far, at this point, I would recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize that our efforts from the Community were unable to resolve this for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.
    -Quicken Anja
  • vikingsail
    vikingsail Member ✭✭
    Quicken premier on windows 10 30.21 update. Tried to use bill reminders to make entry into my account but when I entered my payment amount first and then changed the account to use a different credit card and hit enter a popup about not having to use a minus sign came up and after that I could not do anything but cancel. When I did enter the credit card change first and then changed the amount and hit enter quicken changed the amount back to the original amount and then brought up the split screen with blank columns. There is not split on this reminder. I had to go into the resulting transaction and change the amount back.