Problems with Downloading Bills and Transactions [Edited]

prs77QC
prs77QC Member
I wanted to say that after decades of using Quicken, I am having all sorts of problems with downloading bills and transactions. Anybody else noticing more errors? There are so many categories of errors it is hard to find anything useful. One example is State Farm. Bills used to come in fine. Now the account is locked. I can log on directly, no problem. Support was not helpful.
Tagged:

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    What  title did you try to input?  And, your title has nothing to do  with the  body message that you submitted.
    What problems are you having with downloading?  
    What errors, or error messages are you getting?
    What Q product are you running, and what BUILD of that product?  You can find this last info at HELP, About Quicken.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    State Farm Insurance downloads/updates has been broken for me for several months now. The message states that the account is locked, it's not (see attachments). The same thing is going on with one of my utility companies and the Quicken vendor has never taken the time to contact them and try to resolve it (another story, another time).
    @prs77QC is experiencing the same thing I have and was told by Quicken support to contact State Farm. State Farm said there was nothing wrong or blocking the account, which makes sense since the query for bills goes a different route that the normal log in for users.
    Yes: Windows 10 updated, Quicken updated, State Farm accounts deleted and re-entered, validated and repaired, used prior data files, etc....
    I have multiple accounts @ State Farm and previously, all of the accounts showed separate billing in Quicken. That stopped working last summer and Quicken support could not help then, nor now.
    The only thing that I can see that has changed is State Farm started offering 2FA (2 Factor Authorization), and that timing seems to be coincidental with everything breaking. Just a guess.
    Like the original poster, this Quicken feature has become a major hassle for me. I have an issue every single month with the Bills and Income feature not working for one or more of my 20+ billers. Quicken really needs to spend a little effort on this feature, or kill it.
    Rant over,
    Clay
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to see if 2FA is causing the problems, have you tried to fall back to the old password system without 2FA, to see if that still works?
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18
    Re: @UKR
    Yeah,
    Tried it when it first failed and was working with State Farm techs, have not repeated to try lately. Have three other Bills & Income billers I'm having current problems with and have not moved State Farm up the list.
    Quicken Premier
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I logged back into State Farm to check, and find 2FA is not turned on? Strange since I thought I had initiated it. Left it off for now.
    Regardless, there are no notices or errors on the State Farm website, and Quicken now states that the account is locked (maybe to Q but not to me)
    Quicken Premier
  • Brian D. Saylor
    Brian D. Saylor Member ✭✭
    Any update to your issue? I have been having the same issue for months now. Followed all the steps outlined in the support article, including calling support, and got no further than I had been before calling support.
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No joy on my end. Was told this was raised with third party that interfaces with State Farm. Not a peep since.
    Quicken Premier
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Tyka
    You posted a notice that the State Farm account had been fixed: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20163706#Comment_20163706
    At least for me, I still get the error message of Biller account locked... 
    Their webiste is still accessible to log into with no errors indicated.
    Suggestions? 

Quicken Premier
This discussion has been closed.