How do I make "USAGE" appear on the horizontal menu bar in the Category List.

Since migrating to the subscription form of Quicken a few years ago, I've found that my old imported files still displays category usage when I open the Category List. But if I create a new file, there is no "Usage" displayed.

This makes it very dangerous to delete or modify a category.

BTW, I do know that if I right click, the little note popup does display Usage, but I find a column is much quicker for analyzing categories on the fly.

Answers

• mijcar
    mijcar Member
    Additional comment, some categories do not respond to a right-click. My guess is that they are unused, but how do I determine that?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Click the gear in the upper right corner of the Category List and the column options will appear.

What categories don't respond to right-click? I can't find any.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left-click on the small gear icon at the upper left of the Category List window, check Usage, and select Done

mijcar said:
    Additional comment, some categories do not respond to a right-click. My guess is that they are unused, but how do I determine that?

A right-click should display a pop-up menu.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just so you know, if you try to delete a category that has been used, you will get this warning.

Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/