After 30.21 update having weird problem with using bill reminders to enter transactions.

vikingsail
vikingsail Member ✭✭
Quicken premier on windows 10 30.21 update. Tried to use bill reminders to make entry into my account but when I entered my payment amount first and then changed the account to use a different credit card and hit enter a popup about not having to use a minus sign came up and after that I could not do anything but cancel. When I did enter the credit card change first and then changed the amount and hit enter quicken changed the amount back to the original amount and then brought up the split screen with blank columns. There is not split on this reminder. I had to go into the resulting transaction and change the amount back.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• DorothyVen
    DorothyVen Member
    I am experiencing the same issue in Quicken Deluxe. The issue occurs when changing the Account to use to a different source. This used to work with no issue.
  • Hello @DorothyVen

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having.  That is odd that it'd give you this error if you wouldn't mind could you try to remake the biller with the original account and try switching the account again to see if you have the same issue? If we're able to replicate it again it looks like there should be a good chance of it being a bug we're able to track down. 

Once you get the chance let us know how it goes and if you're able to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Wrongway
    Wrongway Member
    I have the same issue as @DorothyVen, screenshots would be the same.
  • DorothyVen
    DorothyVen Member
    When I deleted the Manual Bill Reminder and recreated it, the entry worked when I changed it to be paid from a different account. I have other reminders sporadically doing the same thing so I guess I'll have to delete and recreate each of them. I did try running the Validate and Repair and the Super Validate and Repair but no errors were detected. I guess that means something occurring after the update caused those reminders to malfunction.