Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Investments (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Securities Reconcile Shares in Investment Account

Terry STerry S Member
edited January 19 in Investments (Windows)
My investment account with Schwab gives me a message dialogue box informing that the share balances in my Schwab account and Quicken Premier do not match. It's usually a Schwab error (double buy or sell transaction) that I can quickly find and correct. However, I recently got the error but the dialogue box was blank - no stock listed. I discovered the two stocks involved were previously in my portfolio but completely sold so I marked them as hidden in the Securities list. I bought them again more recently (within the past 6 months) but they did not appear in the Securities list because they were marked as hidden,. The transactions appear in the investment register. When I unchecked the hidden box in the Securities list, they appeared in the error dialogue box and I was able to fix them.

Recommend that the Securities Reconcile Shares function be revised to display any stock, even if marked hidden or, alternatively, include a check box option to display hidden securities.
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Terry S,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Anja