Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

system updates deleting ledger entries?

Has anyone noticed whether they've had ledger entries disappear after a system update? I've had it happen at least twice and I don't delete line items very often so I don't think I would've been that careless twice. The error became apparent when I went to reconcile my monthly statement and the previous balance, which reconciled perfectly last month, was now incorrect. It's really frustrating having to go back and find the lost data and re-reconcile. Since Quicken does automatic system updates and I can't figure out how to stop it, I thought perhaps the updates have an occasional bug that's deleting data. Anyone else noticed this?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To prevent Quicken from applying an update without your approval, I suggest you set Windows UAC settings appropriately (choose default or always notify).
  • gatorwoman71
    gatorwoman71 Member ✭✭
    @Sherlock I'll try that. Thanks.
  • judy_magenis6
    judy_magenis6 Member
    How to recover lost data from Quicken update incident?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    How to recover lost data from Quicken update incident?
    Restore a recent backup is the only way.  If you don't yet, you will learn to make a backup after any Quicken session that you make changes in.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list