Bill reminder that won't go away

I have this nagging problem with scheduling a bill payment. Once a year I get a bill from my town for my property taxes. For each quarter’s payment I schedule a Manual Bill in Quicken. I enter the online payee, the day it’s due, the amount, and specify that each is a one-time, non-repeating payment. A week before the due date I get the reminder in my register and I enter the payment. The payment is processed correctly.

But the next day that payment shows up as a scheduled payment, which I have to ignore.

I use this technique for a number of payments. -- Schedule a one-time payment when I get the actual bill. In all other cases, once the payment is entered in my register, it’s gone. Except for my property taxes. The paid transaction still appears in the schedule until I manually remove it. This happens every time,

I tried deleting on the online payee and recreating it, but the problem persists.

Any idea what’s happening?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 19
    Hello @Marvin Gardens,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you continue to experience this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and try the troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding this topic.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Marvin Gardens
    Marvin Gardens Member ✭✭
    I'm running Quicken R30.21 Build 27.1.30.21. However I have had this problem for several years, on many different releases of Quicken. I don't recall when it started, probably around 1998.

I know how to delete a scheduled transaction, My problem is that after I enter the scheduled transaction in my register, it is still scheduled until I manually delete it. It is because I have 4 separate scheduled transactions for the same online payee?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thanks for your response and for providing additional information.

Do these reminders also show in your Bills & Income tab?

If so, then next, could you please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and open the dropdown menu in the Action column for the bill reminder in question. Then select Edit this instance and all future instances as shown below.

This will open the Edit Bill Reminder window. In there, click on (change) next to the Due next on: field (see below).

From there, verify that the How often: field is set to Only once (see below).

If not, go ahead and change it to Only once from the dropdown and click OK, then Done. I'd like to see if changing the setting will save and remember it for next time.

I would also suggest that you check these settings for each individual/different reminder scheduled for that same online payee.

Check back and let us know how that goes!

-Quicken Anja