Fortiva credit card - FIDIR listed, but no downloading protocols avail

Hi!

I have a credit card that doesn't appear in the list of banks/credit cards. How do I add it?

Thank you!

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken 2017 no longer supports Online Services.  To add a manually maintained account register, select Tools > Add Accounts... and Advanced Options.

• I'm sorry, I may be in the wrong forum and didn't realize it. I don't think I'm using 2017. I just purchased and downloaded the Windows Premier version today.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, I may be in the wrong forum and didn't realize it. I don't think I'm using 2017. I just purchased and downloaded the Windows Premier version today.
    I suggest you update your community profile which still says you're using Quicken 2017.

To add a manually maintained account register using the Windows Subscription, select Tools > Add Accounts... and + Offline Account

• Done. I didn't know I even still had a profile, thank you.

I understand how to manually add an account but I'm trying to find out if there's a way to do it like the other accounts.

I'd prefer that Quicken automatically track it and my understanding is that accounts added manually are not auto-tracked.

Thank you again
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done. I didn't know I even still had a profile, thank you.

I understand how to manually add an account but I'm trying to find out if there's a way to do it like the other accounts.

I'd prefer that Quicken automatically track it and my understanding is that accounts added manually are not auto-tracked.

Thank you again
    If the financial institution has chosen not to support Quicken access, you will not be able to setup Online Services for the register if that is what you mean by automatically track it.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Can you tell us what credit card you are trying to add?  Can you access the account online for statements & payments.  If you can, do they have a way to download transactions in Quicken format (QXF)?
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - first - tell us the name of the card -
    and if it branded - what financial institution you log into to access your card info....  
    Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • Thank you both!! It's Fortiva/MyFortiva and it's The Home Improver Credit Card. Thank you again! :)
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19
    Thank you both!! It's Fortiva/MyFortiva and it's The Home Improver Credit Card. Thank you again! :)
    It shows up -
    BUT
    - doesn't list ANY downloading support .... have never seen this
    67573    67573    67573    Fortiva    https://www.myfortiva.com/my-account/#/app    NA    https://www.myfortiva.com/my-account/#/app    ACTIVE
    [EDIT] - have also updated the topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A                       

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I agree with @ps56k that this is VERY odd.  I wonder if Fortiva is in the process of adding Q download ability ... but hasn't activated it yet.
    I think that the OP needs to contact Fortiva to ask about this.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Wow, it shows up in your Quicken? Mine just says not found and that there may not be a relationship between the two. lol, leave it to me to find an as yet unseen problem. ;) Thank you All! :)
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, it shows up in your Quicken? Mine just says not found and that there may not be a relationship between the two. lol, leave it to me to find an as yet unseen problem. ;) Thank you All! :)
    I was showing one of the Quicken internal config files
    that is used for the "Add Account" function.....
    and, since no download protocol is listed internally,
    it doesn't show up on the "Add Account" screen.

• NotACPA
    @ps56k and I are looking at a Q internal file called FIDIR.TXT.  He, earlier, provided a snippet from that file.
    When I try do add, within Q, a card from either MyFortiva, or just Fortiva, I get the following:

• > @ps56k said:
    > I was showing one of the Quicken internal config files
    > that is used for the "Add Account" function.....
    > and, since no download protocol is listed internally,
    > it doesn't show up on the "Add Account" screen.

Oh okay, I get it now. Thank you for explaining! :)
  • > @NotACPA said:
    > @ps56k  and I are looking at a Q internal file called FIDIR.TXT.  He, earlier, provided a snippet from that file.When I try do add, within Q, a card from either MyFortiva, or just Fortiva, I get the following:

Yep, that's what I got.

So you guys think I should contact Fortiva direct and ask them about this?

Thank you again, to both of you, for your help and explanations!
    Diane
  • NotACPA
    Contacting Fortiva is the 1st step in resolving (or, just clarifying) this.
    You might also try contacting Q Support, and seeing if they can add anything.
    https://www.quicken.com/support#windows  Look to the bottom of the page for actual contact options for them.