Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

New year .. 401 employer matching kicks in but .. Quicken ignores

I dont know when it started but I noticed it now as the new year came in with the first paycheck.

I have 401K plan and my employer doing a 50% match.

In my payroll, I enter the 401K info. I enter the box shows how much i contribute, and to what account to transfer the funds (my 401K account).
Next to it I have the employer matching.

As I register the paycheck, in my checking account, all seems to be OK but when I go to my 401K account I see only the deposit with my contribution is set as Xin. The employer contribution is missing.

Anyone run into this issue?

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    You probably need to add 2 lines to your paycheck.  One for the employer match and another category line to offset it so it doesn't change your gross or net pay.
  • r-e-l
    r-e-l Member ✭✭
    this is how it shows in Quicken. It used to work and to your point, it never impacted the gross pay.
    see attached image.

The issue is in the actual 401 account, it transfer only the fund I am contributing and not the employer. Since the account buys stocks with the full amount, I am showing negative in the 401K account
  • Hello @r-e-l

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if you're able to potentially try remaking that specific part and see if it's the same result. I'm not sure how easy this is to do but let us know if it's a possibility. If not could you take a screenshot one of the transactions that works and one that doesn't. Once you get the chance just let us know!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You might also try Validate and Repair. But note that it is unlikely that the it would repair in a way to put the entry into the 401K account. Instead it might repair the reminder so that it works right if you use it again.  The other idea would of course be as @Quicken Francisco said in this case that would be best done by deleting and recreating the reminder.

BTW just in case the others aren't following what is going on (I didn't get it until @r-e-l second post).  In the paycheck reminder for the 401K contribution if you enter values for both you contribute and what your employer contributes there should be two deposits in the 401K account, one for each of these.  Like this:

And @r-e-l isn't getting the one for the employer contribution.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/