American Express can't download

Answers

• StuckChuck
    StuckChuck Member ✭✭
    Interesting though is the fact it wanted to add my authorized user as a separate account in Quicken. My response was ignore since authorized user charges show up in the main account anyhow.
  • Rickie Abbott
    Rickie Abbott Member ✭✭
    edited January 19
    I have Q 30.21 and today AMEX Error OL-332-A , So I do not think it is Quicken, It is Amex, My Bank when through fine.
  • elgatofelix
    elgatofelix Member ✭✭

Click the down arrow in “One step Update” select “One Step Update/All Accounts”. When requested for Password select “Skip”.

Will see a list of accounts, some duplicated with annotation of “error recovery”.

UNCHECK the “error recovery” accounts and select “Update Now”.

It works OK. It works for me.

I have noticed a GOLDEN key by each account that I do not remember seeing before. Quicken must have added something.

• rer555
    rer555 Member
    edited January 20
    Error CC-501 observed w/ AMEX from 10am today to present 3:41pm EST...[removed - unhelpful/disruptive]
  • elgatofelix
    elgatofelix Member ✭✭
    I don't think it is Amex problem. See my posting above. You will see two accounts listed for the same user. Uncheck the one that shows the error and update
  • Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭
    Yes, especially with the history, Amex & Quicken have a long history of not playing nice.
  • Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭
    I have an update.
    I just called Amex technical support and they said it was Quicken's problem,
    then I contacted Quicken support and they said it was American Express' problem.
    Both of them suggested I set up a conference call with the 3 of us. I suggested to them to call each other and declined the offer.
  • leilers
    leilers Member ✭✭
    Getting this today as well, on latest version. Will give it another day or two and recheck.
  • iusdcm1
    iusdcm1 Member ✭✭
    Starting today, everytime I try to update Amex credit card account I get error OL-293_A. Message says Quicken is unable to update your account because unexpected information was received from your financial institution. Anyone else having this issue?
    Resetting the account does not help.
  • ekean45
    ekean45 Member
    edited January 19
    Same issue with me when upgraded to R31.5 / Build 27.1.31.5 - However, I could not reset the account either. So I deactivated the account. When I reactivated it, it found the account and updated, but there was an additional $20k+ in a completely different account. Thankfully I've become a backup fiend when there is an update. If only the extra $20k was really there!
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    FYI - I do account aggregation on Fidelity.com, and they are also unable to update AMEX. Pretty sure that means the problem is on the AMEX side.
  • Ditto. I am able to log into my AMEX account via a browser. This is likely one of those things you have to wait a day or two to resolve on its own. : )
    God bless you and your precious families - Langston
  • Chris Schwark
    Chris Schwark Member ✭✭✭
    Anyone else getting a OL-293-A error for American Express? I first got it this morning during my morning up date, and just got it again during end of day update. The error is the same, but the reasons were either (to paraphrase) , server too busy, to unexpected information received from your financial institution.
  • MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Multiple posts on this issue today ... take a look before posting :-) AMEX hopes to have the issue resolved in 24 to 48 hours.
    Quicken Windows and Mac subscription.  Quicken user since 1990.

• Chris Schwark
    Chris Schwark Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 19
    I did search, both on the error and Amex and got no results, but thanks for the unhelpful scolding.
  • mrpaley1
    mrpaley1 Member ✭✭
    I had OL-294-A trying to do an OSU after Quicken reported updated to their "new and improved cloud" Deactivated and reactivated online services with a chat rep and it works now
  • mrpaley1
    mrpaley1 Member ✭✭
    I had OL-294-A trying to do an OSU after Quicken reported updated to their "new and improved cloud" when I opened it..Deactivated and reactivated online services with a chat rep and it works now
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think @Rickie Abbott  is correct that this is a AMEX problem (notice Rickie didn't get the update, but has the same problem), and just so happens that people recently got the R31.5 update at the same time that AMEX started having problems.

I have updated to R31.5 and all my accounts update fine, but I don't have an AMEX accounts.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just checked again, tried to "improve connection to Direct Connect - still fails:

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

I have noticed a GOLDEN key by each account that I do not remember seeing before. Quicken must have added something.

Have you clicked on it?

For a Direct Connect account it allows you to change your password both at your financial institution and in Quicken.

For a Express Web Connect account it is a message that tells you that your password is no longer stored in the Password Vault, it is stored on the server.  Note it has always been stored on the server, but now they are just removing "not needed" password in the Password Vault.

And as far as this is concerned:
    I don't think it is Amex problem. See my posting above. You will see two accounts listed for the same user. Uncheck the one that shows the error and update
    How do you explain that no other financial institution is being reported as having problems?
    And the fact the some of the people reporting the problem have not yet received the R31.5 patch release?
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • elgatofelix
    elgatofelix Member ✭✭
    To know why is beyond my pay grade. I found my way around it. If it doesn’t work, I’ll find another application, or a plain Excel spread sheet.

• Robert Kester
    Robert Kester Member ✭✭
    Cannot update American Express Credit Card account. Returns OL-294-A Error. Worked fine through this past weekend and then I started getting an OL-294-A Error on Monday. I did use my American Express Card Monday (1/18/2021) to make a purchase using the AMEX card and reward points. Coincidence?
  • Jeff Lawrence
    Jeff Lawrence Member ✭✭
    Also getting the ol-293-a error for the last 24+ hours.
  • Jeff Lawrence
    Jeff Lawrence Member ✭✭
    Same here. 293-a error for last 24 hours.
  • Jim Russell
    Jim Russell Member ✭✭
    See American Express download problem.
  • Studpup
    Studpup Windows Beta Beta
    ==== Mini-OSU Start (20210119/21:11:38) ====
    20210119 21:11:38: ***QFN kQFFinished: returns 67305972
    20210119 21:11:38: We’re sorry, the server is experiencing an internal error. Try again now, or wait and try later.
    20210119 21:11:39: 

==== Mini-OSU End (20210119/21:11:40) ====
    I'm not a quicken employee, just trying to be a helpful pup!
  • Studpup
    Studpup Windows Beta Beta
    It's down for everyone, MontanaKarl said Amex is aware and expects to have it back in 24-48 hours. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20146621/#Comment_20146621
    Just coincidence, has nothing to do with your manufactured spending. ;-)
    I'm not a quicken employee, just trying to be a helpful pup!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Research OL-293 in the search box at the top of this forum.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • sabinpa
    sabinpa Member
    edited January 19
    AMEX update returns OL-293-A
    Since last Quicken Update
  • Also getting OL-293-A errors with American Express.
This discussion has been closed.