How can I fix a balance mismatch between Mac and Mobile/Web due to transactions prior to May 2017?

Quicken for Mobile and Web only sync transactions starting 5/1/2017. My Quicken for Mac data file has transactions going back earlier than that. As a result, the balances displayed in Quicken for Mobile and Web do not match the balances on the Mac data file. Is there a way to fix this without altering the Mac data file, which is and should remain the baseline? Thanks.

Answers

• Hello @NotTechnical

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering if we may be able to reset the cloud to have it sync the transactions again to get it organized here. In order to do this we'll want to navigate across the top to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services > Reset. From here after the sync is done double check to see if we're able to get the balances synced. If not let us know and we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• I tried that, but the problem remains. Again, I think the issue might be that my data file on my Mac contains transactions prior to May 2017, and Quicken Mobile only imports/syncs transactions starting May 1, 2017 and it looks like the starting balance on May 1, 2017 in Quicken Mobile is different than the starting balance on Quicken Mac for that same date (and for today). Or maybe it is something else. All I know is that the balances on my accounts are not correct. Thanks!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    edited January 20
    @NotTechnical

Thanks for the update. The mobile app does only upload from May 1, 2017 so that's why you're missing transactions prior to that.  It does sound like the opening balance is what's causing majority of your issues. I would recommend trying to adjust it so that you're able to get your balances to match with your desktop as well. Once you've tried this see if we're able to get every lined up.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Well, that sounds fine, but how do I adjust the balances on Mobile without impacting the balances on Mac?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @NotTechnical

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Can you please provide the account type that this is occurring with? There are account types and transaction times that are not fully supported such as loans and investments. It's possible that there is a transfer either to or from this account type that is unsupported. 

Does it sound as though this could be a possibility? If not, and the issue stems from the limited data allowed in the mobile app, there are no additional settings to include more data for sync. However, you may try to deactivate and reactivate the account and see if this corrects the issue.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • I did deactivate and reactivate, and got the same problem, which is in bank accounts (checking, savings), not loans or investments. This makes Quicken for Mobile and Web basically useless for me. A solution (or at least future improvement/update that permits syncing without date limitations) would be appreciated. I've accumulated a lot of transactions over more than a decade using Quicken, but my longtime loyalty to the product perversely means that the Mobile and Web versions won't work for me but do for someone who just started using Quicken last year.