Online Payee being mailed to WRONG PAYEE

Twice I sent a charitable donation to a local Fire Department.... and Twice it was returned from the same local government office as addressed to them (another payee of mine for Local Taxes) and NOT to the local fire department payee I confirmed on the online payment.
Is it the bank (Wells Fargo) or QUICKEN that is cutting a check to the wrong payee?
It all looks right when I send off the payment.
PS - I've been sending checks to both the Fire Department (Donations) and to the local Government (Taxes) for the past eight years with no problems.
What remedies can you offer?
Tagged:

Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Are  you using Check Pay, Quick Pay or maybe direct connect to Wells Fargo?  That would determine who is actually cutting the check.  Is there a paper check involved or are the funds transferred electronically?
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Thanks for your interest!
    I use Direct Connect with Wells Fargo and this transaction actually issues a check! I'm using Quicken Premier (Release 30.21)
  • Hello @Blackhawk21dr

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a follow-up response.

If you have not done so already, I would start by taking a moment to review the steps and information available here.

If you find that the address for the payee is correct in Quicken after following the steps, I would next contact Wells Fargo for assistance in confirming that address is correct.

Please let us know what you find.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~