Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

2-year subscription? [edit]

sanjsrik
sanjsrik Member
edited January 20 in Before you Buy
I've tried purchasing a basic, premier, and all the other versions both mac and windows and every time I try to buy a 2-year subscription, I'm told "can't add that to your cart right now, try again later".

I've tried mobile, chrome, firefox, and even freaking opera. ALL have the same results for the 2-year subscription.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    OK I was going to answer this question yesterday, but got busy, and a way that is a good thing.

About 6 months ago I noticed that the 2 year option was no longer around that includes at the retailers and at Quicken.com.  So it does appear that there was a decision to not offer that any more.

I was going to post that, but then I double checked that nothing had changed by going to quicken.com and trying it.  Last night there was an option to select between 1 year and 2 years.  I didn't go farther than than before I got interrupted and didn't get back to posting.

Going to quicken.com today I see that they have changed the ordering web pages and that option is no longer there.

So I have to assume that they were in the middle changing the website (I can't believe they were doing it on the "live site"!) and they never really intended for people to see/buy the two year option.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• sanjsrik
    sanjsrik Member
    edited January 20
    Sorry, to be accurate so I'm not told I'm not posting the correct message, THIS is what I see regardless of what device/software I use to try to purchase a 2-year subscription:

"

Something went wrong

Sorry but that item cannot be added to your cart at this time. Please try again later."

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I don't know why this is happening, but you might want to check online vendors such as Amazon, Staples, etc. You may find a better price.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I just tried to purchase Quicken from Quicken.com and I don't see anyway to even put a 24 month subscription in my cart, so how are you selecting it?
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    OK I was going to answer this question yesterday, but got busy, and a way that is a good thing.

About 6 months ago I noticed that the 2 year option was no longer around that includes at the retailers and at Quicken.com.  So it does appear that there was a decision to not offer that any more.

I was going to post that, but then I double checked that nothing had changed by going to quicken.com and trying it.  Last night there was an option to select between 1 year and 2 years.  I didn't go farther than than before I got interrupted and didn't get back to posting.

Going to quicken.com today I see that they have changed the ordering web pages and that option is no longer there.

So I have to assume that they were in the middle changing the website (I can't believe they were doing it on the "live site"!) and they never really intended for people to see/buy the two year option.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Well, they just made up my mind for me. A crappy software that they made even less appealing.