Blank Biller Entries after Update [edited]

Just upgraded to 31.5 and my stored Bills/Billers list has scores of blank Biller entries! All have status of DONE. Many are blank billers with $0, but some are blank Billers with various $ amounts. It appears I can delete these manually but there are probably 50-80 lines to work on if I take this approach!

The upgrade process included a "File conversion" status so it appears that this process may be faulty...

Answers

• vsayegh
    vsayegh Member
    I'm having the same issue.
  • Hello @vsayegh

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is quite odd that the update caused these issues. If you wouldn't mind could we try to restore a backup from pre update to see if we're able to get those billers to go back to normal. I'll leave a link down below on how to restore a backup as well.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Once you get a chance let us know if you're able to get the billers back if not let us know and we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• FFRacer
    FFRacer Member ✭✭
    Francisco, thx for writing. I had gone ahead and manually deleted the bogus biller entries - took about an hour. I then ran a Validate/repair and all was OK. system working normally at this point.

Perhaps I could have run Validate first and that would have fixed the bad entries as well. Or, tried the restore from backup and updated again, but I do not take that path.

I do strongly believe it was caused by the file conversion process for the update to 31.5 - I had no bad entries before that.

Mark
  • Richard Troy
    Richard Troy Member ✭✭
    I had this same issue for about six weeks, beginning in December.  Turns out the repeated blank billings originated with a credit union I had ceased doing business with last year.  I had hidden, but not closed that account.  Once I closed the account earlier this week, the blank billings disappeared.
  • Robert Armani
    Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭
    I still have this issue. Every time I run "Validate & Repair" I get bunch of these bills. What gives?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have this issue. Every time I run "Validate & Repair" I get bunch of these bills. What gives?

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order. Crashes or killing Quicken may damage the file.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified, even if you have done some of them before:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• Robert Armani
    Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks UKR, I performed all the steps and [so far] it worked fine. I'll let you know in case it shows up again.
  • Robert Armani
    Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 31
    The daily auto enter occurrence never stopped. This is the latest run.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support: