Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Blank Biller Entries after Update [edited]

Just upgraded to 31.5 and my stored Bills/Billers list has scores of blank Biller entries! All have status of DONE. Many are blank billers with $0, but some are blank Billers with various $ amounts. It appears I can delete these manually but there are probably 50-80 lines to work on if I take this approach!

The upgrade process included a "File conversion" status so it appears that this process may be faulty...

Answers

• vsayeghvsayegh Member
    I'm having the same issue.
  • Hello @vsayegh

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is quite odd that the update caused these issues. If you wouldn't mind could we try to restore a backup from pre update to see if we're able to get those billers to go back to normal. I'll leave a link down below on how to restore a backup as well.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Once you get a chance let us know if you're able to get the billers back if not let us know and we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• FFRacerFFRacer Member ✭✭
    Francisco, thx for writing. I had gone ahead and manually deleted the bogus biller entries - took about an hour. I then ran a Validate/repair and all was OK. system working normally at this point.

Perhaps I could have run Validate first and that would have fixed the bad entries as well. Or, tried the restore from backup and updated again, but I do not take that path.

I do strongly believe it was caused by the file conversion process for the update to 31.5 - I had no bad entries before that.

Mark
  • Richard TroyRichard Troy Member ✭✭
    I had this same issue for about six weeks, beginning in December.  Turns out the repeated blank billings originated with a credit union I had ceased doing business with last year.  I had hidden, but not closed that account.  Once I closed the account earlier this week, the blank billings disappeared.